Chapter 14

(Y/N P.O.V)
After a short drive to the hospital, a few stitches, and one awkward explanation of how I got a screwdriver through my hand, we were finally on the way home.

Connor wouldn't stop worrying, asking if I was okay every five minutes. Even after the doctor confirmed I would be fine in a few days, he was still panicking and upset.

Thankfully, it should heal within a week or two (I doubt if it would heal that quick but.. fanfiction logic🤷🏼‍♀️) but I should still try to avoid using the hand for at least a month. At least it wasn't my dominant hand, so I won't struggle with everything I need to do.

Hank drove us to his house since we were using my car. Connor got into the driver's seat and I stayed in the back because I was too lazy to move.

"Are you sure you're okay?" He turned to look at me.

"110% positive"

"That's not possib-"

"Just drive, Connor" I let out a small giggle at his confused face. He slowly turned around and started the car.

I watched the scenery pass outside of the window, for the first time in a while it stopped raining, only a few clouds left behind. My eyes glanced around the sky, soon falling on a rainbow in the distance. The colours stood out in the bluish-orange sky from the slowly setting sun.

Connor parked the car in my driveway and we both stepped out. I grabbed Connors hand with my good hand and pointed up to the sky with my other hand.

"Look, a rainbow!" Connors' eyes followed my hand up to the sky. I wasn't sure if he had ever seen a rainbow before, so I wanted to show him,

"It's.. beautiful," a small smile found it's way to his face, "just like you"

"What?" I looked at him, not sure if I heard him correctly.

"Nothing"

"No, you said something. What was it?" I smirked at his face that was slowly turning red.

"I said you're beautiful like the rainbow"

Hearing him say it more clear made my heart skip a beat. He looked at me with a smile still on his face, his eyes sparkling from the remaining sunlight.

"C'mon, let's go inside. You're probably tired"

He gave my hand a small squeeze as he led me inside. Hazel jumped around as we walked inside, I bent down to pet her and she licked my face all over.

"Hello to you too" I smiled as she went over to Connor.

I stood up and filled her food bowl and changed her water.

"Could you take her for a walk?" I questioned Connor who was sitting on the floor, Hazel was running around him.

"Sure" he smiled and stood up, attaching the leash to her collar.

He smiled at me one last time before leaving the house. I sighed and went to the bathroom to have a well-deserved shower.

After wrapping my hand up so it wouldn't get wet, I stood in the shower letting the water fall onto my body. My mind slowly began to wander. Could Connor really like me? Because it seems like he does, but I know it's not really possible. Unless he's somehow started to deviate, which also seems unlikely due to that program in his head.

Love is complicated, especially when the person I love isn't actually supposed to have those types of emotions or feelings.

The sound of the front door being opened a few minutes later tore me from those thoughts. I turned off the shower and stepped out, quickly drying myself off with a towel. I put on some pyjamas and continued drying my hair with the towel as I stepped out of the bathroom.

My eyes widened when I saw Gavin standing in front of me.

"Gavin?! What the hell are you doing here?"

"I wanted to apologize-"

"So to apologize you decided to break into my house? How did you even get in?"

"You told me where the spare key was hidden a few years ago.."

"Okay. Well, can you get out?"

"As I was saying, I wanted to apologize for being such an asshole a few days ago"

"Are you drunk right now?" He quickly shook his head when I asked this.

"No, no. I swear I'm not. I haven't had any alcohol since what happened a few days ago"

"Are you high?"

"A little bit" his face was serious for a minute, then he smiled, "Nah, I'm joking. I'm not."

"Alright, well, you apologized. Now get out" I shoved him towards the door.

"Just listen to me for a minute, (y/n). Please?"

I sighed and stopped shoving him. He turned around and I motioned for him to talk.

"I really did want to go on that date with you, but I was so nervous that I thought that maybe a few drinks would help. Obviously, they didn't, and it made me realize that I have a drinking problem," he took a deep breath as if it pained him to say what was coming next, "and I respect that you don't want to date me. But, I'm hoping we can still be friends? Unless you don't want to"

It took me a minute to process everything he had said. Gavin actually apologized, and he looked extremely guilty. Who knew being friend zoned would make someone realize they're an alcoholic.

I knew I should be mad, but Gavin has been my friend for a long time.

"I forgive you" I smiled and gave him a small hug.

Just as I pulled away from the hug, the front door opened once again and Connor walked in with Hazel. He looked over and his eyes widened when he saw Gavin.

"Why's he here?" He stomped over and stood protectively in front of me.

"Don't worry. He came here to apologize. He's leaving now though" Gavin quickly nodded as I said that and left the house.

"He didn't do anything else, right?" Connor turned to look at me.

"No. He realized what he did was wrong, and he apologized. I decided to forgive him" I shrugged slightly.

Connor suddenly pulled me closer to him and engulfed me in a hug. My arms wrapped around his neck as his went around my waist. I leaned my head on his chest.

"All The matters is that you're okay and not hurt" his grip tightened a tiny bit.

He pulled away slightly and so did I. I look up at him only to see him looking down at me. He slowly leaned down and pressed his lips to mine.

Our second kiss. I guess first for Connor since he doesn't remember the first one.

I pulled away once I needed air. Our foreheads are still pressed together.

"Our first kiss.." I smiled up at him.

"Second, actually" I pulled away slightly.

"You remember the first one? I thought they wiped your memory of that day?"

"I remembered it a while ago, I didn't know how to tell you"

"Well, today's been a roller coaster of emotions. I think I need to get some sleep" I slowly pulled away from the hug, already missing it.

"Alright. Goodnight" Connor smiled at me as I walked into my bedroom.

I face planted into bed, a million questions still racing through my head.

I could tell Connor hasn't deviated, but he was really close. I feared that CyberLife would find out and permanently shut him down, but I guess it's a risk we're both willing to take.

I slowly fell asleep, a small smile still on my face.

~~~~~~
Was this chapter really terrible and cringy? I feel like it was.

I hope you enjoyed this chapter! <3