Chapter 22

Completely forgot to update yesterday, sorry!

Also, happy (late) Thanksgiving to any of my fellow Canadians reading this!
(Y/N P.O.V)

At dawn today, November 11th 2038, thousands of androids invaded the city of Detroit.

According to our sources, they originated from CyberLife warehouses believed to have been infiltrated by deviants. Given their overwhelming numbers and the risk of civilian casualties, I have ordered the army to retreat.

The evacuation of the city is underway at this very moment. In the coming hours, I will address the Senate to determine our response to this unprecedented situation.

I know that public opinion has been moved by the deviants' cause. Perhaps the time has come for us to consider the possibility that androids are a new form of intelligent life.

One thing is certain: the events in Detroit have changed the world forever.

May God bless you and may God bless the United States of America.

I turned away from the television screen that was displaying Christa Warren, better known as Madam President.

I couldn't help but smile at her little speech, if the president was accepting androids as a new form of life then I'd assume most people are too.

Connor and I stopped walking in front of Markus, North, and a handful of other deviants. The CyberLife androids all stopped behind us.

Connor and I walked forward and so did Markus, North and Josh.

"You did it, Markus" Connor smiled at him.

"We did it. This is a great day for our people. Humans will have no choice now. They'll have to listen to us."

Connor and I stepped to the side as Markus and North walked towards the CyberLife androids.

"We're free. They want you to speak to them Markus" North spoke to Markus as they touched their hands together, causing them to turn white. Markus leaned down and gave her a kiss.

Connor and I smiled, and so did the other deviants. Connor leaned down and gave me a quick kiss as well.

After the lovely moment we all had, Markus led everyone to a makeshift stage. North, Josh, Connor and I all stood behind Markus as he got ready to speak to the millions of deviants standing below us.

I held Connors hand tightly in mine as I looked through the crowd of androids. Each and every one of them seemed so happy to be free, they're eyes sparkled more and their faces seem to have constant smiles.

"Today, our people finally emerged from a long night. From the very first day of our existence, we have kept our pain to ourselves. We suffered in silence. But now the time has come for us to raise our heads up, and tell humans who we really are"

I glanced over at Connor who suddenly let go of my hand. He had a blank stare on his face which concerned me.

"Connor?" I whispered, not wanting to take attention away from Markus.

(Connors P.O.V)
I frantically opened my eyes and looked around the Zen Garden. It seemed as if it was storming here as the snow was blowing around in every direction.

I wrapped my arms around myself, even though I couldn't really feel the cold weather. I looked around until I finally spotted Amanda standing with her back towards me.

"Amanda?.. Amanda!.. What's.. what's happening?"

"What was planned from the very beginning. You were compromised and you became a deviant. We just had to wait for the right moment to resume control of your program"