Chapter 10- The Evening the Wolf Became a Vegetarian

Jake in Wolf Form('cept with icy blue eyes) ^

Also,

Derrick's reaction to Jake^

"You made it!" Nathan said, smiling and holding his arms out in greeting, "I was wondering when you guys would get here. Did you have fun touring?"

Nathan was very clearly wiggling his eyebrows.

"What do you want?" Derrick growled, crossing his arms. Jake looked at him with a twinkle in his eye.

He growls more than the werewolf does.

Aw baby kitten, cooed Pickle.

"So, I was thinking last night-you know, after I left you guys to do whatever. I don't really know what you guys did and I don't want to know, but at the same time I do want to know. I mean, it's a little intrusive, but it's exciting. It would also kind of disgust me, which will hopefully put me out of this little crush I have on Derrick-Anyways, as I said, I was thinking and-I-I want proof of this werewolf stuff," Nathan said quickly with wild gestures, leaning against the wooden stable door, "So...show me the magic."

"The what?" Jake asked, raising an eyebrow, slightly confused by Nathan's outburst and not really knowing what he said. Usually, Nathan was cool and collected, but strangely, he seemed nervous. As if Jake would pounce on him and eat him alive.

"I want to see the beastly side of you," Nathan said, simply. The two nobles wrinkled their noses at how that was worded. Jake, however, was not phased.

"You don't want that," Jake shook his head, "Actually, he doesn't want that."

Jake pointed at Derrick.

"Why not?!" Nathan asked, swinging his hands up in the air dramatically.

"See, when I'm human, I have an inner wolf right? Well, when I turn into a wolf, my 'inner wolf' becomes my 'outer wolf'," Jake explained.

"What?" Nathan asked, "Can you give me a more simplified version of that?"

"So you mean," Derrick reasoned, ignoring Nathan, "Pickle gets a physical body, and you are the voice inside of his head?"

"Pickle?" Nathan asked.

"More or less," Jake shrugged, also ignoring the king,"But who knows what he would do? He's insanely crazy about you, you know."

"WHO IS PICKLE?" Nathan asked, getting the two's attention.

"The inner wolf," Jake and Derrick said at the same time. Jake smiled in amusement, while Derrick huffed. Both were starting to see signs of the bond between them growing stronger. And it had only been one day.

Please let me out, Pickle pleaded, Please, Please, Please!

I will if you promise me some things, Jake thought.