Chapter 17- Let Operation Lovebirds Commence

As soon as David let it slip that he knew Jake Pierce, the blond's eyes widened and, within two tweets of a whistle, David was inside of the kingdom's castle.

It was a lot bigger than the boy had imagined, but David quickly decided that wasn't his biggest priority right then. What surprised David even more, was when the blond had screamed Jake's name and then-Poof! There was Jake.

In the kingdom's castle.

But then, when Jake explained that Derrick was his soulmate, David understood what was going on. 

David had soon recognized Derrick as the prince of the kingdom, so that explained why Jake, being his soulmate, was in the castle. Derrick had the same dirty-blond hair as the king and, even though David had never seen the queen nor her son before, Derrick held the same slight aura of authority as Jake did. Jake was the soon-to-be Alpha. Derrick was the soon-to-be king. It made a powerful mix.

Everything kind of buzzed by his head-David had seen and heard weirder things- until, that is, he was introduced to Nathan Vale Drake.

Holy Moly, he thought, as he shook Nathan's hand, This guy is pretty.

David couldn't help but blush at the smile directed at him. It was a pretty smile with shiny, white straight teeth.

Now, David was an innocent little bean. He had never had a crush or a moment where he was like "Wow, she is hot."If he called girls pretty, it usually meant that they looked beautiful. It was only meant to compliment their looks, nothing more and nothing less.

However this time, David couldn't even voice his opinion on this guy, which in David-language meant "DAYUMMMMMMM."

David blinked twice, still blushing. And Nathan's smile quickly turned into a smirk.

"Are you gonna let go now?" Nathan asked teasingly, making David's cheeks burn bright against his snow-white skin and instantly retract his hand from Nathan's hold. Nathan smiled fondly at the little guy, before turning to Derrick. David was a flustered mess, trying to pick himself up out of the hole he dug for himself.

You just had to stare at him, he chided himself in his head.

"Is he planning to staying here too?" Nathan asked. David wrinkled his nose. He didn't even ask to stay in the castle. He didn't want to. He couldn't. Not with Nathan Vale Drake here.

Prince Rastus was about to say something (probably negative) about Nathan's question, when Jake interrupted. "Yes, he will. He is welcome to stay here for as long as he wants, right Derrick?" The werewolf turned his demanding eyes to Derrick, who still had his arms crossed. The two looked as if they had a silent argument before Derrick turned away.

"Who made you king of this castle?" Derrick huffed, but didn't disagree. Jake stuck his tongue out. David watched the exchange in curiosity. Was this how soulmates were supposed to behave? 

David decided to let his friend and his soulmate be, turning to look at Nathan again. The blue-eyed boy was biting his lip in amusement at the two soulmates, making those pretty white teeth poke out of his mouth. David stood slightly-open-mouthed in awe of this boy's pretty smile.

No, David decided, he's not just pretty. He's beautiful.

David ultimately tried to divert his attention elsewhere, but only succeeded in staring at the top of his head instead. The boy had soft-looking hair, and David just wanted to reach out and touch it. The little werewolf was seriously addicted to anything even remotely soft, but all he was socially allowed to do was to look at those beautiful black strands.