Chapter 13- Derrick in the Attic

(The song's called Micheal in the Bathroom. Derrick in the Attic.)

Snow fell harder, pretty much blinding everyone walking through it. That included Jake and Derrick, who walked side-by-side to who-knows-where in complete silence. Without really speaking, they seemed to agree to head back to the castle. Problem was: the front gates were a lot farther away than they originally thought. Which gave them a lot of time to think.

Jake decided he had no regrets trying to kiss Derrick. If he didn't take the initiative, then who would? His main concern was his new discovery of Derrick's worst fear. His fear to love. It was weird really. Why was he afraid to love? The werewolf was now determined to find out.

Jake was also a bit antsy that he couldn't feel any tingly feeling in his stomach-that strange feeling that he got when Derrick felt a good emotion. Did this mean the prince did not like the almost-kiss? Then it hit Jake- was this an invasion of privacy? Should he tell Derrick that he knows all of this stuff about his emotions?

But, unknown to Jake, Derrick was still hung up on what happened mere minutes ago.

Did Jake really just try to kiss him? 

Derrick didn't know what he thought about that.

Wasn't it too soon? Derrick had never kissed anyone, didn't know anything about it, and knew for sure he wasn't going to be good at it.

He didn't even want to be kissed anyways.

Nope, no siree, nuh-uh, not one bit, absolutely not- no kisses for this prince.

Derrick looked at Jake, who looked deep in thought as well. He couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to kiss someone. He had always thought it was extremely gross. But, then again, if it was so 'gross' then why do people do it all the time? The prince let his walls down just a tad and cautiously allowed his mind to wonder what it really felt like. What would it feel like to have someone you trust- someone you love's lips against yours? Derrick's eyes traced over Jake's lips for a second, before darting to Jake's eyes to distract himself.

Jake felt eyes staring at him and turned his head to face his soulmate. Eyes locked for a second before Derrick looked a away, slightly blushing.

The prince's walls raised back up.

What are you doing? he chided himself, Idiot! No falling in love, remember?

"Derrick?" Jake asked, his voice kind and calm.

And now you're caught! Derrick thought, This is why I don't let my guard down.

"Yeah?" Derrick mumbled, wondering if Jake was going to make fun of him.

"Have you...felt something?"The werewolf nervously bit his lip.

Derrick raised a questionable brow. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"I mean-" Jake sighed-" Like do you get tingly when I smile?"

Derrick must have choked on air, because he was coughing and red faced.

Jake's eyes widened.

"Wait! No!" Jake corrected, "I mean-like every time you feel happy or something, I get this warm little tingly feeling in my stomach."

Stop, Pickle snickered, Just stop.

"Jake," Derrick winced, still red in the face, "I really don't want to kno-"

"Pickle told me that every time you feel happy, I get these tingly feelings in my stomach," Jake tried again, "What I am trying to say is that...I'm starting to feel your emotions."