Chapter 3

Chapter 3

One week. I had been with Nicolas one week.

It wasn’t hard to figure out his routines and get used to them. He was a very simple man.

I had stopped going to school since the eighth grade. The next four years of my education, I had a private tutor at home. Being home-schooled gave me free range on my schedule.

I would wake up whenever I felt like it. My tutor would stick around for two hours to explain all my assignments or to give me a lesson. Then, I was done for the day.

I was used to waking up late and Nicolas didn’t seem to mind. He was usually an early riser though. By the time I would wake up, he was already dressed for the day.

Nicolas kept his word about taking a one week vacation. He took a break from handling pack duties and Robert was taking over all of the work from his business.

Every day in the afternoon, we took a run with the pack. It was refreshing to be spending time with them.

I also got to finally meet his friend who owned the restaurant in town.

I noticed it was Nicolas’ favorite place to dine in. After we went there the first time, I understood why. It was fancy, the food was great, and the ambient was soothing.

I felt like royalty whenever we went. I found out Nicolas and Ryan- the owner of the restaurant- had a joint investment on something. According to Nicolas, they went way back.

I was surprised to find out Ryan was a human. They got along really well, which was something strange to me. I was used to Wolves sticking with Wolves, and humans with humans.

The rest of the time, I couldn’t exactly complain. Nicolas catered to my every need. He was extremely complacent, more so than I thought I deserved.

Problems came the second week, when Nicolas had to return to work and taking charge of pack duties. I was aware the pack needed constant supervision- mainly because Nicolas had so much land. He had twice more land than Alpha Jackson.

With him gone, I was going to stay home alone. I had been looking forward to that all week.

That was until Monday came along, and I found Angela in the kitchen.

“You sure wake up late,” was the first thing she told me.

I shrugged, even though I felt her comment was meant as an insult.

I began digging around the fridge to make breakfast when she stopped me.

“You’re going to make a mess,” she told me.

All I had done was move the syrup out of the way so that I could grab the gallon of milk.

She kept staring at me while I poured myself some cereal. It was uncomfortable, but I managed to get through that.

Once I was done with breakfast, I went to Nicolas’ study. The charger for my laptop had stopped working, and I hadn’t bought a replacement yet. I was planning on using Nicolas’ computer to get online.

 Apparently, that was against the rules as well.

“He doesn’t like it when people mess with his computer,” Angela told me. I had just taken a seat on the chair behind his desk.