Chapter 6

Chapter 6

‘Mate,’ My Wolf kept repeating in my mind.

“Let go of her.” Nicolas’ voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

I was still in his embrace- my mate’s. He was holding on to me so tightly, I could feel his claws digging into the skin in my waist.

“Nicolas, what’s going on,” I asked worriedly, looking away from the guy holding me and at Nicolas, who had just gotten up from the ground.

“It’s fine. Dylan is just confused. But he’s going to let you go,” Nicolas told me, before turning back to face Dylan.

“She’s my mate!” He growled, digging his claws deeper into my skin.

I let out a whimper, as the slight pain I’d been feeling from his hold, multiplied.

“You’re hurting her!” Nicolas snarled back at him, as he began walking toward us.

Once he was close enough, he tried taking me away.

He only had a chance to touch my arm, before my mate- Dylan- had moved me out of the way.

“Stay away from her,” Dylan threatened.

Being in his arms, with his Wolf so close to surfacing, I was able to feel it.

He was an Alpha.

While my Wolf was telling me to let him protect us, I was just feeling terrified with the entire situation.

“Dylan, calm down,” A blonde guy said, approaching us slowly.  

“She’s my mate Jace. Nicolas was touching my mate!” Dylan snapped, directing his anger toward the blond guy- who I assumed was Jace.

“I was touching her because she’s my wife, pup. Now I want her back,” Nicolas countered in a threatening tone. My Wolf wanted to growl at him, for calling our mate a pup.

Even I could tell that Dylan had stopped being a pup, years ago. The fact that Dylan’s Alpha Wolf was calling to me so much- alluring me to subdue to him- proved that he was not a pup.

I felt trapped.

My heart was beating erratically, and I felt my Wolf fighting me for control. She had a way to fix it all. Her solution, however, involved mating with Dylan to prove that we belonged to him.

“You aren’t taking her from me. She’s mine. I’m leaving your territory right now, but I’m taking her with me,” Dylan stated.

He tried walking towards the backdoor of the house.

A few other guys, who I didn’t recognize, were starting to surround us in a protective manner.

“Let my wife go,” Nicolas said, in a warning tone.

“She’s mine! Don’t call her your wife!” Dylan retorted.

Even if I wanted to get my voice in, I couldn’t. By this point, I was able to see Marcus and Derek in the background.

Neither of them was saying anything, but they looked ready for any surprise. Each of Alphas was surrounded by the men in their pack.

“She’s his mate Nicolas. I’m sure that beats her being your wife,” Marcus said, allowing himself to take a step closer.