Chapter 10

Chapter 10

I wasn’t sure what to say. I was standing in front of Nicolas, openly staring at him.

Eric had closed the distance between us and was now standing by my side.

“You must be joking,” I said, my voice sounding breathless.

Nicolas shook his head, and he tried taking a step closer to me.

Eric growled at him. Even though Nicolas wasn’t scared of Eric, as least he respected Eric’s threat.

“Stay back!” Eric snapped.

“You know I can’t do that. How do you expect me to give you an heir? Do you actually think that if I went through with it, I’d leave my child with you?” I asked.

My hands on instinct covered my flat stomach. A small shiver ran through my body. I was scared. Not by being in Nicolas’ presence, but because that thought had actually ran through his mind.

“He would be mine too. If you wouldn’t want to leave after that, I wouldn’t mind. I want you to stay with me, where you belong,” he pleaded.

I looked down at the ground, having run out of ideas.

“Nicolas,” a man stormed into the living room.

I hadn’t even noticed before that anyone else had entered the house.

I knew him- it was Alpha Marcus. He was followed by his son Zeverus, who was soon to take over the Alpha position for his pack.

“Marcus,” Nicolas greeted him, but he returned his gaze to me right after.

“Dylan just crossed the border to your territory.” Marcus’ voice made both Eric and me perk up at the news.

“I need to go,” I said, making my way to the door.

“Stop,” Nicolas grabbed my arm, bringing me to a complete halt.

“Don’t touch her!” Eric growled, while trying to pry my arm from Nicolas’ hold.

“Just, let me go,” I said to both of them.

I yanked my arm and took a step away from both Eric and Nicolas.

“How could you ask me for that? Do you know what that will do to me?” I asked, my voice sounding hurt.

I was staring at Nicolas- very aware that Alpha Marcus, Zeverus, and Eric were looking between Nicolas and me.

“How could you ask me to let you go? You’re mine,” Nicolas replied with the same voice.

I sighed, in a discontent way.

Dylan was here and I had gotten nowhere with Nicolas.

I didn’t want a fight. I didn’t want either of them hurt.

“Anything else you ask me and I’ll give it to you. Except that,” I said, in a pleading voice.

Nicolas shook his head, but he remained silent- gazing at me intently.

“I want you. If I can’t have you, I want an heir. That’s my condition.”

“What?” Alpha Marcus asked.

I spared a few seconds to look at him. He was looking at Nicolas disapprovingly.

“They’re mates,” Alpha Marcus said, not caring that Nicolas was frowning at him.