⚜️4⚜️

{Elise's PoV}

I gasped as all fifty employees of Power&Co screamed "Welcome back Sir! ".
Wow, when did they start loving David so much?
Silver and dark blue balloons were all scattered around and everyone was dressed in the same black and dark blue colour. I was the only odd one out with my pink blouse and cream skirt.
Well I didn't mind, odd is good!

David gave all his employees a thankful nod before Jessica came running to him.

" Sirrr" She stretched the r as she ran in her heels.
When will she ever learn?

Jessica was the prettiest woman in the office, with her olive skin and her chocolate coloured eyes she gave full justice to Brazilians. And like all women who thought David would fall for their charms so did she. She made it a mission to always run around David so that she could fall, he'd catch her and sparks would erupt. But we all know thats never going to happen cause David never mixed business with pleasure.

" Sirr," She smiled nervously as she spoke,

" Did you like the surprise?" She asked and I looked at him. Even I was curious to know what the mighty boss thought. But the ass just nodded before he strolled away somewhere.
What an ungrateful man!

" Elise!" Jessica screeched as she turned to look at an escaping me. I was slowly edging away from her but my bad luck had to got me caught . I almost felt embarrassed. I said  a quick prayer of patience before I turned to her with the most brightest, fake smile I could muster.

" Yes." I said, my eyes portraying just how much I wanted to get away from her, I hated talking to her. actually with every women working here.

"Where were you guys? We were waiting for you since so long! And we're all so hungry..." And there began her rant. I zoned out her complains and nodded occasionally to make it seem like I was actually paying attention.

" Listen Jes..." I started speaking, when a body knocked into mine, large arms wrapped around my neck in a headlock, almost strangling me.

" Oh Lice!" Raymond said and I cringed. " God! Even  with the wedges you're still short. I missed you licey!"

" You just saw me on Monday Almond..." I told him moving away from his arms, "...and you stink!"

Introducing my best friend, Almond aka Raymond Knight. The second most annoying man on earth, me being the first. He was a dramatic lunatic who didn't know how to control his mouth. But he was my best friend so yes, he definitely learnt from the very best.

" You still wore pink!" He said as he followed me to the dessert table. I whistled as I saw the table; Chocolates, lollies, Chewies and jelly were all fashionable placed on the table. If it worked my way, I'd carry the entire table to my house but unfortunately I had to act professional.

" What do you mean by pink? And hey i look cute." I slapped his hand as it strayed to grab the chocolate brownie from my plate.

" I told you a billion times, the theme is black and blue Lice don't forget!  but no you still wanted to wear pink." Raymond said filling a cone with sweets.

" Billion! Bruh you didn't even message me once." I told him eating a chocolate covered goodness in my mouth.
Oh god! It was delicious!

" Check your WhatsApp." He rolled his eyes and I gave him a cheeky smile as I mumbled a sorry. I hardly used WhatsApp and that annoyed Raymond so much. But I couldn't do anything. Working as a secretory came with many struggles and sacrifices, but the pay in the end of the month was worth it all.

" Whateves now, at least I saved you from Lucifer." He said with his mouth open. I closed it with my palm and gave him an annoyed look. Though we were the same age, he always acted like an immature teen, due to his girlfriends' pampering.

" Save! Please this stupid surprise of everyone is costing me two hours of valuable working time. Time where I can finish four files." I turned to look back at him as I walked. I lifted four fingers and showed him.

" Just shut the fuck up and enjoy!" Raymond said as he held me once again in a headlock, " you're already getting grey hair." I swatted his chest and we walked to his table but just as my bum kissed the seat, the devil called for me.

" Elise!"
I planned to ignore him but then his angry voice boomed again,
" ELISE!"
I gave Raymond a hopeless look and stood up.

" See you almond." I fake cried as I turned to the elevator. Davids jaw was back to being clenched and his eyes were furious again.
Who poked the angry muscle man again?

" Yes Boss?" I said giving him a sarcastic smile.

" Get in the fucking elevator." He gruffly said pressing the button for the sixth floor.

" But the par.." and I couldn't even finish the sentence cause the ass glared at me. I gave my cone of sweets a broken look before I entered the elevator.
I jinxed my own luck.

I didn't look at David as I slumped against the elevator. Everyone was entitled to have fun but I, unfortunate Elise Prayt, wasn't.
What an unlucky woman I was!

All the women working at Power&Co wished to work in my position, they wanted to be The David Faverly's secretory but if only they knew what an asshole he truly was. I had no choice but to be his secretory for another two  years. After all, I just renewed my contract.

" Stop whining like a five year old. Act your age." David rudely said and I rolled my eyes.

" Psht I was acting mature, I dint even fall... ", I told him as I pointed a finger at him, " ...and I didn't mess my mouth when eating candy, so nope not five." I gave him a cheeky smile before looking at the screen. Still One more floor to go.

" Normal 24 year old women don't hold candy, they have glasses of champagne and they have a correct posture." David said strolling out of the elevator into his office.
How rude!

" Pssh who said I'm normal." I retorted  angrily.

And David didn't even let me finish my sentence before he spoke,
" Yes you're abnormal. You belong in the wild."

" Nope I'm unique." I smiled sweetly as I walked to my seat and that shut him up.

I stared at his blank eyes. Dark brown clashing against hazel.  It was funny how the office suddenly felt smaller, and hotter, definitely burning hot. I removed my jacket without breaking contact. David narrowed his eyes at me and I wiggled my
eyebrows.

And our staring contest was broken by the ringing of our personals phones. I furrowed my eyebrows. Who'd call me at such an odd time in the afternoon? Everyone knew I was at work. I looked down at the called ID and a megawatt grin made it to my face when I saw who's call it was.

David mumbled something under his breath but I couldn't hear him, cause I was too excited  to talk to the person on the other end, after all David Faverly could go to hell cause I wasn't going to give him any attention.

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

#dont forget to Vote Comment and Share!