⚜️6⚜️

{Elise's PoV}

I warily watched David as he sat on his seat. There were no signs of him struggling, so had he really eaten viagra or not.
Oh how I'd love to see him go through that ordeal.
Convincing myself of a Next time I continued my work. At half past 3, my phone blared breaking the silence of the office.

" Hello." I said sluggishly. It was Raymond who was no doubt calling to rub salt on my wounds.

" Yo Lice ! what time is Lucifer letting you come down, your sweets aren't going to last forever." Raymond screeched and I winced. My phone was on loudspeaker and David had heard him. I gulped when I saw David raise his brow.

" Urm Raymond..." and whatever I had to say the stupid almond cut me off.

" what's with the murmuring Lice. Hurry!"

I nervously chuckled and cut the line before he could embarrass me more. David kept glaring at me and I fidgeted on my seat.

" Urm David..." I began and David tilted his head to the side looking at me with narrowed eyes.

" Whats with the murmuring Lice?" David worded Raymond and I winced.
Crap man! Raymond and his loud mouth.

Mustering some courage, I spoke louder.

" Can I go to the party now?" I asked hoping he'd let me go. I desperately wanted to escape from here and save myself from further embarrassment

" No." He said rudely.

I gapped and looked at him.
" But Davy that's not fair." I whined.

" And calling me Lucifer is?" He asked and I mentally cried. Why did I leave my phone on speaker!? Why was I so unlucky? I shook my head no and broken heartedly, got back to work.
5 o clock when will you come?

But 5 o clock came and went, but did I go home? No.
Why? Because David wanted to prove he really was Lucifer. Instead of letting me knock out at 5pm, David like the asshole he was, gave me other three fat files to work on. The ass left me all alone in the office and went away somewhere and when it stuck 7, he came back up. He saw me and pitifully clicked his tongue.

" We don't have all night Elise. I'm leaving at 9." He said and I grumbled. Apparently he was leaving for Panama and needed to take the files with him. I was supposed to be happy but guess what I wasn't. Because I missed my 6 pm show. Today was the finals of DareDevils and there was no joy in watching the repeat as that of a Live show. And so I continued doing my work slowly. If he wanted to act all superior with me, he was going to suffer too. I handed him his file at 7:30 pm and smiled sarcastically at him. If he went through the file now, he wouldn't get to go home to refresh himself.

Once I was at home, I heated some left over chicken and whilst eating, read over the highlights of the show. After changing into my polar bear styled pjs, I went to bed. Thank goodness there was no work tomorrow. But obviously peace was never written in my books because as soon as my head fell on the pillow, Sophie called.

" Are you free?" Sophie said worriedly without any hello or hi.

" Well I am but.." I spoke but she didn't even let me finish my sentence, she cut me off by saying

" Okay I'm coming to pick you in fifteen minutes be ready." Sophie said and cut the line. I looked at my phone surprised. It wasn't usual for Sophie to go out spontaneously at 9:30 pm on a normal weekday. First of all, Adam wouldn't even allow her, so what happened now?

I quickly wore a casual grey T shirt dress before wearing white sneakers. I tied my hair in a messy bun and locked the door when I heard a hoot.

" Hello Baby." I said entering the car. Sophie didn't reply to me and didn't even let me close the door before she speed off.

" Woman drive slow!" I said grabbing the belt and tying it.

" I am driving slow Elise!" She said increasing the speed. I looked at her furrowed eyebrows and clenched jaw and knew something was definitely wrong.

I remained silent till she parked the car at Fusion. It was one of the best restaurant David owned and was Sophie's favourite.

" Come on let's go. I've already ordered the pancakes and a cheesecake for you." Sophie said wobbling out of the car.

The Maitre D' greeted us and guided us to our private table. But Sophie rushed to the bathroom leaving me all alone bored. When she returned I looked at her exhausted self. Something was really wrong with her.

" Soph what happened ?" I asked as she didn't even offer me some of her pancake. We had a norm to always share each other half of our desserts.

" My parents happened ." She said too calmly. I look at her curiously waiting for her to continue.

" They're here in Washington. They just randomly come and knock at my door at 7 . I'm getting ready for bed and from the peephole, I see them standing there."

" But why the fuck are they here?" I asked. She looked at me with narrowed eyes and I shrugged, " I know you're baby can hear me Soph But like seriously why so sudden?"

I took the plate from the waitress and cut half the cheesecake, handing Sophie some.

" Apparently, on the way to Chicago, their plane ran out of fuel and so they stopped for a refill here.  And as much as they sounded genuine, I don't want to believe them." She said stuffing cream into her mouth.

"And Adam, what did he say." I asked shocked.

" He's not here. He went to New York last night. Since David has come back we're most likely to go back." Sophie said looking down at her plate.

" What the hell do you mean go back?" I banged my palm lightly against the table but Sophie didn't look me in the eye. Why did I feel betrayed by her statement?

" It's not in my hands Elise. And Adam has to look at his business too." Sophie said finally looking at me. Her eyes were glassy and her lips were tightened and I knew her fucking parents done something.

" What else did your parents say Soph?" I asked angrily and she sighed.

" Mother was estactic to meet me. She couldn't believe I was already five months..."

" Heck if she cared, she'd know." I retorted and Sophie gave me a shut up look.

" What about your father?" I asked bitterly.

"him, oh you don't want to know what he done Elise." Sophie said chuckling humourlessly.

" He handed me the contract papers which Adam and I signed. He said and I quote, ' the contract states five years only. By having a child you're altering the rules which is going to affect everyone." Sophie sighed  and she broke down. Tears flowed down her eyes as she could not utter more and my heart ached at the woman who sat in front of me.

There are people who'd go work their ass out for you yet in the end, they would never appreciate you. 

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

#Don't forget to Vote, Comment and Share.

.