⚜️8⚜️

{David's PoV}

" Yes make sure the metal is galvanised well." I told Josh, my Canadian secretary. Unlike Elise, Josh was the more convenient one, he knew never to question my actions and done what he was asked without any queries.

After giving him a few other instructions, I cut the line. It was bloody hot and I wanted to get to my appartment as soon as possible.  But I knew it wasn't going to happen anytime soon, not when Lauren was here.

" The water is really cool," Lauren said tapping me on my shoulder. "I think you should take a dip too," I turned to look at her and shook my head No.

" You know why I detest using public pools." I told her eyeing the pool with disgust.  She clicked her tongue at me and rolled her eyes.
She was present the last time I  had used a public pool. We were in Cairo enjoying the second year of her  success when an old woman jumped in the pool naked. She acted like she was drowning and when I went to assist her, the woman touched places she shouldn't have.

" I don't understand how you still do after what happened" I told her eying the pool in which a ten year old was swimming with her younger brother.
Had the kid even showered before entering or not?

I was observing the way the young boy was swimming when a voice squealed,

" Hello Baby." A woman said from behind me before short arms wrapped around my waist. I stiffened at the touch and on reflex pushed the hands out, but the persistent woman clung to my back like a baby koala.

" Excuse me." I said politely. In front of Lauren, I dint want to be rude but my patience was running low. I grabbed hold of the hands and when I  turned around, my angry eyes met mischievous green ones.  The woman winked at me and I clenched my jaw,
Who other then the bitch, Elise fucking Prayt!
What was this evil woman up to now?

{ Elise's PoV}

" Elise!"  David said shocked or confused I couldn't decipher. All I knew is that he wasn't expecting me to be here. I'm sure he didn't even like the fact that I distributed his time with Miss Model. I winked at him before I talked sweetly. 

" David! Honey why didn't you tell me you're coming to the beach?" I asked sweetly wrapping my arms loosely around him.

I looked up at him with a fake smile and I swear I could feel the anger waves radiating off of  him. He went to push my hands down but a throat cleared.
None other than bikini woman.

I turned towards her and spoke, " Ohhh you've even got company!" I said chuckling.

I swear I almost sounded like a jealous bitch but that's what the fun was in. David gave me a warning look but I wasn't going to listen to him. Detective Elise had already emerged and todays weapon she was using was the green monster aka Jealous girlfriend. Next to a Victoria secret look alike modal, nothing except jealousy could be used. Like honestly, no matter what I said, my curves were too much for her skinny bones to handle.

" Hello." I extended my hand giving the woman a toothy fake grin. " Elise Prayt."

" Hey, Lauren Eden. Nice to meet you." She said with a British accent, giving me a brief nod.

" Wish I could say the same." I muttered lowly but sadly she didn't hear me. David did and the silent growl he gave, could only be heard by me.

" Excuse us." David said holding my wrist in a tight grip and dragging me far away from Lauren .

" Ah David! you're bruising my skin." I said trying to pry his right fingers from my wrist. The skin around was already turning a dark red and I hated bruises. But my body loved getting them.

" What the fuck are you doing?" David asked angrily cornering me away from nosy people. He bent down to my height and breathed down on me, I looked at his face and rolled my eyes.

" Well I could ask you the same thing Davy?" I said  stubbornly folding my arms and jutting out my chin.

" What are you doing here? And What happened to your billion dollar trip to Panama? " I raised my brows at him and he narrowed his. We stared at each other before the click of heels broke our intense gaze.

" Urm guys is everything okay?" Asked Lauren. I wanted to scrawl in her direction and say No but obviously I wasn't going to continue my bitchy facade.
The woman had a ring around her finger, she was taken and from the size of her ring, by a very generous man who loved her a lot.  One in a thousand  could only afford La Capellini rings.

" Yes it is." I turned towards her and smiled.

"David here was just telling me how good of an acquaintance you are." I walked towards her and cursed my midget self. Next to me, she was the Burj Khalifa. And in addition to her endless legs, she had worn 6 inch wedges with cute denim bum shorts.
She looked fucking perfect next to a mismatched me.

" Ah I see." Lauren smiled at David and they exchanged a look between their eyes. Now the gears in my brain charged up. If the woman was taken,  then what was the weird eye connection between the two.
Hmmm interesting, very interesting!

" Why don't we have a seat and eat something, I'm starving!" Lauren said looking at David and I . I looked at David who had a pissed look on his face. He didn't reply to Lauren and so I nodded at her. I wanted to know the story behind the two. If she was going to be my future boss, I gotta make sure I had her wrapped around my finger too!

" Sure." I grinned, who can ever deny food?

More eyes were drawn towards us as we walked and I felt awkward. Heck, I was going to make sure I never walked between two tall people ever again.  I felt like a child between the two. We walked to a private area and settled on a four seat table.

" So how long have you guys been dating?" Lauren asked after the waiter took our order. 

I chuckled embarrassed as David glared at me too. Four eyes were staring at my short self, one pair curios, the other, ready to kill and I swear I was feeling itchy on my toe. Would it be rude if I just bent down and scratched?

" Urm well..." I started, trying to ignore the stupid itch . I racked my brain thinking of what to say when Ed Sheran's song popped up in my head. Oh Ed thank you for your Perfect!

" We were just friends when...." and whatever I was going to continue saying, was interrupted when  two arms wrapped around Lauren. I watched with an open mouth as Lauren turned around happily and fireworks erupted. And For three whole minutes, the stranger and Lauren kissed.
Was I the only one feeling awkward?

I turned to look at David but the dude wasn't on his seat.
Whhaaaat! Way to make me feel like a third wheeler.

I felt my face redden and my voicebox stuck when the guy opened his eyes and they clashed with mine. He winked at me and I felt more embarrassed.  Lauren placed a kiss on his cheek and I waited till the guy was fully settled on his seat before turning to look back at them.

Lauren noticed my flaming cheeks and smiled at me.

" This is my husband  Thomas and this is Elise, David's girlfriend." Lauren introduced the two of us. I tried not to cringe when she said girlfriend and instead smiled.

" Oh so you're the New Yorker." He said mockingly and I furrowed my eyebrows, what was that supposed to mean?

♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️♣️

Don't Forget to Vote, Comment and Share!

.

.