Chapter 2:

Its the town man in charge of the disciplinary committee, they are the ones that ensure the smooth running of the town without hiccups which also includes carrying out the death sentence on anyone with magic.
Each town has their own committee set up for the same purposes but I always felt like ours was the least strict.

"I'm sorry I scared you" the town man says, he is a normal man with a 5'8 from the looks of it, he's lean and looks middle aged.

I just nod my head in response to him

"Okay. I'm Samuel Rose, the head of the town's committee"
he stretches forth his hand and I gingerly shake him not wanting to raise any suspicious

"and you are?"

"Oh" I say after totally forgetting that was my cue to talk "I'm Alexa green and I already know who you are" he looks me straight in my eye as though trying to decipher something.

"And where could you possibly be going to do towards that ally" his hand gestures to the dark path ahead and I smile hoping it looks genuine as I try to come up with a believable lie

"well I just wanted to explore, I just felt it calling on to me you know"

"That's a dangerous place and you definitely shouldn't be going there, there's nothing but darkness there" he tells me in a warning tone

"I understand sir, thank you"

immediately I say then I quickly walk away from him hurriedly towards my house, I glance back briefly to see him gazing at my retreating form skeptically just before he starts walking away too.

I sigh when I'm in front of my door recalling the event that just happened not long ago.

I push the door to my house open and the smell of freshly baked chocolate cookie hits me, I feel my mouth watering already but I let go of the urge and make my way up the stairs but before I can successfully climb up my mother calls my name in a soft and careful tone

"Alex"

Let's just say my mother and I don't exactly have the best relationship in the world, I always felt growing up that she hated me deep down. She probably blames me for dad leaving and taking up an assignment elsewhere.

I push down all my resentful feelings

"yeah mom" I manage to answer in the nicest way possible

"We're having some guests over for dinner Mr. Rose and his family. Care to join us today?"

Damn!! I mentally scream at myself and my mother for letting him come

"what does he want from us?"

"Don't be so anti social Alex I told you I was trying to join the council and his coming here is great for me, I could get an endorsement"

I literally roll my eyes at her, I never knew she was joining the damn council but then again I guess I really know nothing about her

"Whatever, you always think about yourself as usual but don't worry your little burden will be there to make your dinner perfect"

I run up the stairs to my room and bang the door feeling overwhelmed with emotions I haven't felt in a long time; fear and guilt.

I decided to take a quick shower and after that I fall into my bed and drift away with sleep.

Knock knock

Urrgh can't I just have a peaceful sleep for once, I'm sure its my annoying brother but since when does he knock, I really don't care.
I get up and swing the door open

"I swear I'll kill you if you disturb me one more time"

just as I'm about to slam the door a hand holds it back and I look up and realize its not my brother, its actually a good looking guy about my age, he's tall and lean with hazel green eyes.

I immediately move back wondering what a stranger is doing in front of my door, I still know a few spell tricks in case he's a killer.

"if you take one more step closer I'll barbeque you with my bear hands"

He simply laughs at my threat while looking down at my hands and raises his hand up in surrender

"I'm not a thief or anything I came with my dad, your mom said to call you out for dinner"

I release a breath I didn't know I was holding before realization dawns on me. Mom said the rose family will be over here for dinner.

I nod an okay at him

"You look awfully familiar, its like we've met before"

I look at his face one more time trying to access if we've met before

"I don't think so" I simply say before closing my door.

I quickly retouch my face with some makeup before making my way down the stairs to join the family dinner. As soon as I reach down I see that dinner is already served on the table, nonetheless I take my seat not bothering to greet anyone and then my mom quickly introduces me "This is my lovely daughter Alexa" her voice is sickly sweet, it just annoys me.

Mr. Rose and his wife both nod "I think we met earlier" Mr. Rose says

I smile and mouth a "yes we've met"

We all proceed to eat, half into the dinner I lose my appetite so I decided to excuse myself from dinner using the ploy of I have some unfinished assignments. After reaching my room I fall into my bed a second time but this time its not to sleep, its just to meditate.

Not quite long after I enter there's another knock on my door

"Cant these people just leave me alone" I say aloud to myself already irritated

"I can hear you, you know. Just open the door" his voice is calm and masculine and it seems as though he's laughing

"Whatever" I roll my eyes even though I know he can't see me and I move towards the door and swing it open.....

A/N:

Thanks for reading, I hope it was okay.
Please try to comment so I can know the areas to improve on..

Kahali_
Hugs and kisses