Chapter 4: Trouble

You know that feeling when you're so afraid and you freeze, well that's how I am feeling now as the footsteps gets closer and closer.

I hear a man's voice but I can't really tell what he's saying at the moment, after almost what seemed like 10minutes but in reality was only 30 seconds of contemplation, I quickly spring into action and move deeper into the lair still holding my magic book, I make my way to the secret passage way I created in case of emergencies but as I'm about to make my way out of the lair I hear a twig snap.

Damn!

Seems like there are people everywhere. Oh my God I can't believe I didn't realise this sooner, I was being followed here. I'm sure Mr Rose decided to wait for me there after how suspicious I seemed yesterday

The footsteps get closer and closer each passing second and my back pack is at the other side of the lair.
Realising there's no way to get out of this, I quickly dig a small hole in the ground with my hand and bury my magic book, I look to the side and move a relatively big stone and plant it on the spot I buried the book and then I remember a spell I learnt some days back on how to conjure little things.

I think of a whip and mutter the words three times in a hurry, that should do the trick but nothing happens

Damn!!

I try again but this time I think of a rope and mutter the words three times but slower this time, and luckily it appears.

I could still hear the footsteps of the people searching my lair but at this time I can't seem to care about it.

I pick up a little stone from the side of the wall and whack my head continuously for about five time and its starts bleeding, satisfied by that I discard the stone and whip myself with the rope about five times, wasting no more time I begin to tie my legs and hands.

The hands prove difficult to tie but I finally tie them together and then I try to chant the spell I learnt some weeks back on how to make a place smell.

I think of the smell of blood and I chant the spell in a whisper mode but unfortunately after I'm done the whole place just smells like rotten egg.

Damn!! I hate magic right now.

An idea comes into my head and I immediately start screaming for help

"Help!!!! Help!!!"

I hear the footsteps approach in a hurry and I look towards the entrance
I see some middle aged council men pointing their flashlights of me, I feign a struggle with the rope and as if on cue they rush to untie me.

I sigh a breath of relief and hear one of the men shouting

"Code 2!!"

Not quite long after he shouts code 2 I see non other than Mr Rose entering and looking at me straight in the eye
Damn, this looks bad

He moves closer and stoops down to my level on the ground and resumes looking me straight into the eye.

Hasn't anyone told this man its creepy to keep looking at someone like this,
But nonetheless I maintain my act and squeeze my eyes as though in serious pain just to get him to stop looking at he like that

"Are you okay?" He asks me insincerely, not looking even a little concerned about me

"No" I mutter out in a hardly audible voice

"Care to explain what happened here?"

What a jerk, he can't even bring me to see a specialist

"I really can't recollect much I just remember being drawn for sometime now by something I can't explain to come towards this area and when I reached here I remember hearing someone chant some things behind me and then I felt intense pain, that's all I can remember"

He looks at me strangely as I finish my story probably sensing my lie. 

"Are you sure that's all that happened"

"Yes and unless you want my head to bleed out here I suggest we leave this awful place to the specialist zone" I tell him a bit irritated at his lack of care.

He nods, then stands up and order his men to carry my up, after which he makes his way out of the place.

*  *  *  *  *  *

"Ouch that hurts" I say to the specialist who's current dabbing my head with cotton wool soaked in some weird liquid.

Okay I never really did pay attention in health class

"You've said that for like the 10th time and I keep telling you the same thing each time, it'll soon be over"

I thought all specialist were supposed to be sympathetic.

urrgh

Just then my mom comes bustling into the specialist's office like she owns the place and looking overly concerned

"Alex what happened to you?"

The way she says it, it almost looks like she cares but I'm no fool.

"I'm okay, I don't know what exactly happened, its all blurry" I say with feigned  sincerity

"Well I'm just so ecstatic that you weren't hurt seriously and you're doing better"

"Yeah sure, can we just get the hell out
of this place already, it smells weird in here"

The specialist gives me a dirty look, but honestly I don't care, the man never liked me from the start anyways.

"We'll go as soon as he's done stiching you up"

I groan out loudly at the mention of having to stay here longer but nonetheless I keep still and allow the specialist to finish his work.

I sit there for almost an hour extra in agony before the freedom words come

"You're free to go for now but ensure you come back tomorrow for a few extra checkups."

I don't even bother to acknowledge him, as soon as his done talking, I jump out the chair and immediately start making my way home not even bothering to find my mom to drive me home.

The streets seem darker tonight if that's even possible, it's almost as though there's no moonlight, but nonetheless I skip home humming and enjoying the cool breeze sweeping through the environment but I guess my happiness is short-lived as I hear hasty footsteps behind me.

I look back, the figure seems familiar but I can't quite make out the silhouette behind, so I do the next best thing

I take to my hills, running down the path home as fast as my legs can take me but unfortunately the person at my back seems to start chasing after me.

Does this town seem to get any better for me, I contemplate using magic but I remember how suspicious Mr. Rose is of me and this could probably even be a trap set to discover what I truly am.

So I keep running and runing,  almost getting to my house before a hand grabs me from behind and places his second hand firmly on my mouth.

.........

Thanks for taking out the time to read this book, it really means a lot.

Kisses and hugs

Kahali_