chapter 5: Rebellion

I struggle violently against his grip. I contemplate strongly at this moment whether to use a spell on him, just as I decide to he whispers into my ear

"Shh it's just me"

At this point I'm so angry

"Who the hell are you"

I ask him out of genuine curiosity with my voice seething with anger.

"I'll show you but promise not to run or do anything stupid when I let you go"

I calm down a bit at this words.
I nod my head and he carefully lets me go at the same time turning me around to see his face.

Immediately I see his face all the anger I felt before resurfaces

"What's wrong with you" I push his chest out of frustration.
I run my hands through my hair to ease my mood

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you I just wanted to talk to you"

I look at his face searching for any sign of insincerity but there's non, you can't blame me for doubting him, the guy has never just been serious since I've known him.

Okay yeah I know you're lost as to who it is, well, its Mr. Rose' son Chase

"What do you want to talk to me about"
Its as if some sort of realization dawns on him at the sound of my voice, he rapidly blinks and takes hold of my wrist

"Not here, let's go somewhere more secure"

I huff
"You're crazy if you think I would follow you, who I hardly know anywhere"

"Please Alexa, you could be in danger"

"And why should I even believe you in the first place knowing who you are"
Now its his turn to scratch his head in frustration

"That's exactly why you should believe me, because of who I am and I'll tell you this, a war is coming"

And with that he takes off into the dark.
I decide not to go with him, I mean he's weird right
But somehow curiosity takes hold of me and I find myself running towards him before I know it.

I catch up with him and we walk silently for about three minutes before he squats down and opens some sort of underground cover on the road. He goes in first and I suspiciously follow after him.
I grab the metal ladder and make my way downwards slowly

"Be careful there's a trap right under the ladder"

True to his word I look down and realise there's actually a mat on the ground, I immediately decipher that the mat is the trap.

I try to curve my leg around it, in the process I narrowly escape the mat.
I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding. I look up to see Chase has been looking at me the whole time

"Are we going to stare at each other all day" I cross my hands and raise my eyebrows for added effects.

He just shrugs and continues walking. He stops in front of an iron door and turns around to face me

"By the way Lex, sass doesn't suit you" and with that he opens the door.

I roll my eyes at him and follow him inside.

The inside looks like a room, its furnished. There are three long blue couches in the room and three big shelves with a black centre rug. It looks nothing like what I expected.

"Should I give you some more time to stare in awe at my place"

"You own this place " I ask surprised
I wonder if his father knows about it or maybe he gave it to him