Quidditch Quarrel Part 1

The next day was the first quidditch match of the year, Slytherin vs Vampirius. Harry was nervous, but not too nervous. He was confident in his skills as a quidditch player. After all, he was the youngest, and best, seeker in hundreds of years, and he would be the very first one-person official team in history. Besides, Slytherin team wasn't very good, except Draco, who was good. So good.

Facing Draco on the quidditch pitch was another thing. Could he really try to best his mate in sport? Perhaps he should to show dominance, but he didn't want Draco to be sad from losing.

When Harry went down to breakfast, Neville and Blaise were sitting at Vampirius table. They weren't taking up much space. In fact they were taking up half the space that two people would normally take up. Blaise was sitting on Neville's lap and they were smiling at each other. Harry smiled at them and to himself mentally, it looked like his matchmaking had really paid off.

"I hope you don't mind us sitting here, darling," said Blaise as Harry sat down. Blaise closed his mouth around a forkful of fried egg that Neville was offering him and hummed in pleasure.

"W-we weren't exactly welcome at the G-G-Gryffindor or Slytherin table... so we decided V-Vampirius might be a n-neutral party," Neville added before sensuously biting into the bagel and cream cheese Blaise was holding up to his face. "Mm," he purred appreciatively.

"Of course you can sit here," Harry said. What was the point of getting these crazy kids together if not to enjoy the fruits of his efforts? Besides they were much better company than the Weasley's (except Fred and George) or Granger or Dumbledore. "My table is open to all those I deem appropriate to sit at it."

Blaise and Neville thanked him and continued eating, silently because they weren't pigs like Ron, while Harry looked over to what was becoming his favorite spot in the Great Hall. He'd hoped maybe Draco would sit at Vampirius with him, but instead he was at Slytherin again, in deep discussion with his quidditch team. They all looked over at him with a hint of fear and awe in their eyes, except for Draco who for once did not meet Harry's gaze. Maybe he was also nervous about the game today.

Harry again thought about how incredibly tragic it would be to have to knock Draco off his broom so that he could catch the snitch. It was the most tragic thing he could think of. But he couldn't let down his new house. After all, Vampirius hadn't won a game in five thousand years.

Harry shook his head, no sure what to do. He needed to get his mind off of the match. He turned from the delicious English migas (eggs, tomato, pepper and stilton cheese) back to Blaise and Neville, who were lovingly feeding each other orange juice with their arms looped around each other.

"Blaise..." Harry asked, glancing over at Dumbledore at the head table. He wasn't even touching his boiled oats, instead scowling at the hall with a distant look in his old eyes. The old shitbag was looking a bit nervous these days, Harry thought with a smirk.

"Yes?" Blaise asked, giving Neville a quick kiss on the forehead since he would have to look away from him to focus on Harry for a bit.

"Do you know how to kill a phoenix?" Harry asked curiously.

"Not contemplating suicide now, are we?" Blaise asked with a raised eyebrow.

"No, not at all, far from it. I just need to...put a suffering creature out of its misery," Harry reassured. That was one way to put it. Technically, he'd be putting two creatures out of their misery.

"Ah, positively spiffing. Well in that case, you've come to the right fellow.," said Blaise, stroking Neville's hair idly. Neville had his head on Blaise's shoulder, his eyes closed in a serene fashion. His hand had crept into Blaise's shirt as they'd talked, gently caressing his chest. "I happen to be quite well versed in the subject, don't you know."