Valentines Verisimillitude

It was time for the annual Valentines Ball. Everyone was very excited and also very nervous about whom they were going to ask to go with them. It didn't seem like Blaise and Neville had this problem, as the next day as Neville was eating a pancake when a song began to play. Neville looked up, and Harry could see a tear in Neville's eye as he swallowed a mouthful of pancake. Harry used legillemancy to discover this was the song that had been playing when he and Blaise had first kissed.

There used to be a greying tower alone on the sea

You became the light on the dark side of me

Love remained the drug that's the high not the pill

Suddenly Blaise walked through the door to the great hall, carrying a single white rose. White means purity. The entire hall gasped and stared in rapt amazement. He was wearing a dark red outfit, which stands for love, and a pair of black platform boots. Black is a symbol of darkness.

But did you know, that when it snows

My eyes become large and 

The light that you shine can be seen

As the song played, he sang along with it, slowly walking across the hall to the Vampirious table and an incredulously flabbergasted Neville Longbottom.

Baby, I compare you to a kiss from a rose on the gray

Ooh, the more I get of you the stranger it feels, yeah

And now that your rose is in bloom

A light hits the gloom on the grey

As he came up close to Neville, who was sobbing joyfully now and swaying to the music, he got down on both of his knees.

"Nevvy, this is for you," he said softly as the instrumental part of the song played, offering the rose to Nevile. A white rose that symbolized purity.

As Neville took the rose a thorn pricked his finger. He gasped but only in surprise, because it didn't actually hurt. The rose bloomed and became blood red as the blood from his finger ran down to his palm where it magically formed into the words "VALENTINES BALL?"

Neville was speechless, all he could do was sob happily and nod his head. The rose was enchanted to know his answer, and it shot out a spray of beautiful flowers that fell gently onto the great hall like quiet snow, similar to the way they first kissed. Blaise was tearing up too, now, and when they kissed and embraced the Hall erupted into applause. If Neville had said no the flower would have wilted and died in sorrow, but that never would have happened.

Harry was impressed, and realized that he had a reputation to uphold. He would have to do something very special for his Valentines Ball proposal. Whoever he asked would have to be completely amazed.

But who should he ask? He looked around the hall, considering his options.

Ginny? No, she was a burnt out floozy who Harry had gone to the ball with the last few years, before he knew how deceitful and bad she was. Even if she wasn't an awful trollop, she was all burned up and seeping. Gross.

Maybe Hermione. She was smart, after all, and she looked pretty good that one time she went to the Ball with Krum. But no, she was also quite annoying and had also betrayed him for money.

What about Neville or Blaise? They were both quite attractive, but then Harry realized they were going to the ball with each other.

Then, through the rain of flowers, Harry's eyes fell on the pale blonde hair of his mate. Pale blonde to signify purity. Draco Malfoy, whose sensuous mouth was agape at the incredible display of love that had just taken place. Of course, he should ask his mate, Draco! He could see them now dancing in the Ball, their bodies so close, their heat intermingling.