Ending Emblazened

The next day, it was the big day. The biggest day. Finally, Harry was going to marry the love of his life. His soulmate. His Draco. Harry had dreamed about this moment all his life. His wedding was going to be perfect in every way. It had been planned meticulously by all his real friends. Ron and Hermione had pretended to care about his wedding when he was supposed to marry Ginny, but it was very lame, with a white dress in a big church and Dumbledore as the priest. Gross.

This wedding would be fitting of the extreme power couple that was Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter.

Now, Harry stood in the Great Hall at the altar, which was covered in black roses that smoldered gently with magical fire. He was nervous, more nervous than he had been when he was killing Dumbledore.

Suddenly, the music started playing. Harry recognized it instantly. It was his and Draco's song, that was playing when they danced at the ball for the first time. Everyone fell silent and turned to the large doors, which creaked open dramatically.

Draco Malfoy wore a dark black set of dress robes, that, even in its darkness, seemed to shine with a magical sheen. The shoulders seemed to have jagged edges jutting out at various angles and everyone gasped as they realized the symbolism. Draco was encased in cold, black ice, but not actual ice.

As he began his slow, regal, sexy, stately walk to the altar, the suit began to change. Black drops dripped from his sleeves onto the blood red carpet, where they sizzled into nothingness. With each step, more of the metaphorical and literal ice melted away from Draco's body, revealing a bright white, much tighter outfit that hugged many of the pale blonde's aristocratic angles and sensuous curves. The symbolism became even clearer as Draco stepped up to Harry, newly revealed in his alabaster robes.

Harry could hardly breathe, so encaptured by this vision of true beauty. He knew Draco was hot and sexy, and very good looking, in a sensual way, but his best man, Blaise Zabini, had really gone all out. To make sure he looked his absolute best.

Draco smiled at Harry, and it was a sad smile, because he knew what was about to happen. He nodded at Blaise, who nodded back with equal solemnity, and raised his wand.

"Obliviate!" said Blaise, Neville squeezing his hand for reassurance.

Draco fell into a dreamy, far off gaze that always happens when you erase someone's memory. But there was a single tear that fell from his eye, because any memory of Harry he would lose, even momentarily, was painful. As soon as the tear hit the ground it turned into a single firey dove and flew away.

Harry quickly rushed out of the Great Hall and nodded to Blaise as he shut the door. "You will not remember what Harry looked like just now," Blaise said in a reverent whisper.

Draco nodded and his sharp, intelligent facial expression returned as he turned to look expectantly at the double doors. Their song started again and now both boys could have that magical moment of seeing their groom walk down the aisle for the first time.

Harry's outfit was a dark tuxedo with a fire motif to match his Phoenix-kin status. Flames seemed to lick at the cuffs, lapels, and hems. As he started to confidentally walk towards Draco, his twin katanas ceremonially on his back. In a years time, he would name their twin daughters after these katanas, Sakura and Kagome.

As has got closer to Draco, his suit also changed in a symbolic way. The still flames on the fabric began to spark and dance. Soon Harry was wreathed in very real white-hot fire. The guests had to scoot away from the aisles so as not to get burned. It was a perfect metaphor for Harry and Draco. Draco had lit a fire of passion in Harry, who had melted Draco's permafrost heart.