So Clumsy.

~Some time before Armageddon~

“Clumsy 'Cause i'm falling in love. So in love with you. Can't help it. Girl can't help it.”—Clumsy, Fergie.

Reading was Kitana's all but many passtimes, side from training with Shao Kahn, being with Rain, talking to her best friend, Jade . . . this, this quiet sentence, having nothing but characters that do not exist make her be a part of their experience and journey. Be heartbroken, find your strength and fight back for what you believe in. It is such a wild, intense ride to be on.

As she started to reach for her tissue (because her favorite character died a tragic death), a pebble hit the window of where she was resting, shocking her into a state of defensive mode.

“Who's there?” she asked, slamming her book down on the table and staring through the thick glass.

Another pebble hit the window, and Kitana gave up and opened the window. What she saw made her heart flutter around the cages of her ribs.

Rain was kneeling down on one knee to pick up another pebble, his dark hair falling around his shoulders, wearing nothing but a light T-shirt, trousers, and shoes from training. When his eyes met that of the Princess, he smiled at her from below. She was beautiful, even from down there. “Let down your hair!”

She laughed. “Very good, but your dialogue was completely off!”

Rain chuckled at her. “How would you know?”

“I've read the tale!”

He laughed wholeheartedly. “Such a reader; all that knowledge getting to your head. I believe you are getting too smart for your own good.”

“And you're becoming more sneaky. Why did you run off during training hours?” Kitana asked, propping an elbow on the windowsill, and cupping her chin in her palm.

Rain responded by motioning himself up the 25 feet wall with his powers of water manipulation, going over to his princess and tucking a strand of hair out of her eyes. “To see how you are doing. I've missed you, lately.”

Kitana wanted to lean in and fall to the embrace his soft, tantalizing touch and warm, dark eyes, but she pulled away, causing her to fall backwards on the divan.

Rain went in through the open window, and eagerly helped her up, and nodded in approval at her room. Wall to wall, floor to ceiling were books, as big and small, thin and thick as the eyes can see. Some yellowed and dusted with age and wisdom, some new and just ready to be read. The divan lay near the window, covered with a book with the title The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde splayed out flat on its paper tummy. On the table, was a tray of tea and cookies that have gone cold. “I take it this is where you are when I do not see you.”

She blushed heavily, and moved away from his arms. “I like being here. I haven't read just fiction, mostly history of Edenians and the Elder Gods.” She gestured towards a thick, leather-bound novel. “It says we may even have the abilities to control even nature itself.”

“Maybe that explains why I can control water.” Rain said, impressed with her use of leisure for knowledge. “So . . .” he drawled, stepping a few inches close to her. Enough to feel her chest rising and falling, hair brushing against his shirt. “Can I stay for a while?”

“Here? A-Alone? With me?” Kitana asked, face blushing a bright red. She's heard tales from some of the other Princesses from other realms that they had a lot of intimate, sexy encounters when alone with their betrothed. Even though she passes them off as fictitious and not real, just not too long after, someone was bearing young.

And now she just imagined herself having one with Rain, and it didn't seem well.

“Kitana?”

She looked up, and bumped her head on Rain's chin, and rubbed her head at the sharp pain that had blasted in her brain. “Y-yes?” she stuttered.

“Have you made your decision?”

“You can stay.” So long as you keep your manhood in your pants, I'll be well.

“Wonderful.” he said, and sat back on the divan, putting his hands behind his head. “It's nice to be away from the general every once in a while. He's always so . . .”

“Uptight?”

“Yes. I need time away.” he replied. “I take it you know the feeling.”

“Of course,” she agreed, sitting down beside him, but keeping a bit of space. “Which is why I come here. For solace and silence.”

“I can see that. It's so wonderful I may just . . .” Rain leaned his head into her lap, turning on his side to bury his face near her torso. “Nap.”

“Rain,” she urged, shaking the boy quickly. “Get up.”

“I'd rather not. Relax. No one is going to enter here.”

“Rain, I wouldn't push my luck so far.”

“I would. Live on the edge, Princess.”

Kitana pushed Rain off of her lap, and, before she could get up, Rain had grabbed her by her skirt, and she fell right on top of his face, her skirt covering him. Kitana cursed herself for being so clumsy and having her dress skirt on top of him. She rolled on her back, and sat up. “You're very rude, warrior.”

“While that may be accurate, you are quite the opposite.”

“Because I was taught to be polite. Can you not pull my skirt next time? You need to control yourself.”

“Control myself?” Rain asked, turning his head to face her.

“I am not going to throw away my innocence to you.” Kitana snapped. “I've heard other girls from other realms have moments with their partners. One is even bearing their young as we speak. I don't want to do that. I wish to wait.”

The warrior rose to his feet and helped Kitana up, holding her steady before she could fall, and stroked her cheek in slow, tender movements while kissing her forehead. “Kitana,” he whispered. “You know I would never pressure you to do something like that.”

“You wouldn't?”

“Never. I'd wait until we're married to bear young. However, there are some things to do so we keep our promise to wait until our first night . . .” he whispered, and brushed his lips across her throat, tender, cooling kisses dancing across her soft skin.

“R-Rain,” she said, feeling a little lightheaded, gripping his shoulders to hold on. “I-I don't think we should—” She was silenced by a seductive, devious whisper in her ear that said to let go, and she did. Her body relaxed. Did what her emotions told her to do, and gave in to her betrothed as they leaned back, and she slipped on a paper, and the two fell back on the divan, hitting their heads against each other. They blushed.

And began to laugh. A warm, awkward-melting laugh.

“You're such a klutz,” Rain said as he kissed her, wrapping an arm around her waist, keeping her close to his body.

“I know, because I will keep falling in love with you. Forever and ever.” Kitana kissed him over and over.

“That was horrible, my dear.”

“Oh, Silence.” she said, and kissed him with all the love she had in her heart.