Control Part 4-Dungeon, call, Dunegon, down.

I love the way you look at me, I love the way you smack my ass, I love the dirty things you do, when I have control of you! I love the way you look at me, I love the way you smack my ass, I love the dirty things you do, when I have control of you! “—Control, Puddle of Mudd.

When Kitana, more better looking than she did before, walked down the stairway to the dungeon, she thought of what the guard said. He said he'll only speak to you. Is he really that stubborn, so provoking of her rage that he only wishes to speak with her instead of his older half-brother? What would make him be this way?

You, a voice whispered. It's been you.

Coming back down here, even though she was here yesterday, gave her the feeling that it's been a hundred years since she's been in the dungeon. Hands, twisted and gnarled, reached out through the metal bars; fingers pale and shriveled, nails jagged and cut, tried to touch the Princess, yet they were out of reach. Always. The Seidans—the traitors—were chained in the prison cells, bound by the ankles and suspended upside down, swaying back and forth like pendulums in a clock.

Kitana cringed at the sound of something wet hitting the dirty floor. One of them threw up again. And judging from the rancid smell, it was blood. She thanked Finnigan and Holden for helping to bring an end to the Seidans' invasion in Edenia. If it wasn't for those two, who were close to the royal family, her realm would be in turmoil.

“Release me, NOW!” Hotaru shouted. “THIS IS NO RIGHT TO HOLD A SEIDAN!”

Kitana stopped in her tracks, and leaned her body forward to peer into his cell. His long white hair draped across his chest like curtains. His armor was stripped of him—he now wear the clothes of peasantry. Bracelets made of metal connected to chains were attached to his ankles, and she watched, hardly amazed, as the chains released him from his suspension, only to go to his wrists and pull his arms away from his head. His legs were stiff and still, swaying back and forth. “Let me think. You deliberately stride into my realm, try and change it into something of your design, imprison its rightful ruler into the dungeon for returning after such a long absence, assisted the traitor place me on trial for something as foolish as not being in my room after dusk, oh, and let's not forget how you had me nearly executed in the middle of the village square. The answer is no.”

“You could not control these savages! They've caused chaos by roaming the streets all day, danger present almost around every corner, pessimism and anarchy filling the air. Your choice in giving them freedom has done worst things to the realm. It is a lost cause.”

“Yours was from the very beginning. I gave my people freedom because they deserve it. They are not animals to be caged.” Kitana retorted, proceeding to go to Rain's cell, which was on the farther end of the hall. She ignored Hotaru's words, and kept her focus on going to the dungeon cell where Rain awaited with her lover.

Rain's grunts and yelps of pain filled her ears; a delicious, bittersweet harmony of the agony that stretched in her soul, echoing endlessly in the dungeon. She loved that feeling. Make that wretched sound again. A shout. Again.

Painful groans.

Kitana hoped that fueled the anger in her long enough to talk to him.

When she made it to his cell, she realized Daegon had put Rain in a horrifying state than she had yesterday. Rain was covered in blood, from his head, to his miserable, tanned back, slashed by burns that wept blood through the blackened skin. His hair clung to his shoulders in a sweaty, tangled mess. He laid on his hands and knees, gasping for air as he rubbed the purple welts on his throat, his back to Kitana as he coughed. His peasant clothes that he wore were ripped and shredded apart, stained with blood or ashes, and bruises, color of violets and the lakes, stained his back, arms. Kitana could also see the blood dripping down his jaw. He was also removed from his chains. That was a bad idea. When Rain turned around when he heard her sharp intake of breath, she almost thought she was going to be sick again.