-Harry-

'see you later' Gemma said as she dropped me outside the school 'have a good day'

I smiled at her and turned away from the car. The school looked the same as it usually did, old and run down.

'look, it's the fag' someone yelled out. a few people snickered, i whipped my head towards the owner of the voice. Chris Farrington. he wasn't the nicest person ever, i turned away again and walked into the school. I wasn't gay, but i wasn't so sure i was entirely straight either.

'Harry?' a voice called over to me pulling me out of my thoughts, it was Liam, one of my best friends. he was waiting by his locker.

'hey mate, how are you?' i asked slowly rubbing the sleep out of my eyes.

'i'm good, tired?' he asked me and i nodded

'how was your uncle?' i asked him, He had come over for the night

'he was ok, crazy as normal' he shrugged

'know what lessons we have next?' I asked through a yawn

'Maths and then English' He said as i groaned, i opened my mouth to speak but he interrupted me 'and no you're not sitting next to me, i'm fed up of you copying my answers, how else will you learn?' He asked, i groaned again

'Fine then Dad, i'll just have to sit by Zayn' I said sticking my tongue out at him

'You're such a child' He said as we made our way to the English room. we walked in to see Chris  leaning back on his chair, his feet on the table and his arms resting behind his head. Ed and Olly were throwing a tennis ball to each other as Josh tried to hit it with some rolled up text book. 

I sat down next to Zayn in the middle of the room as Liam sat by Danielle, she was a nice girl. I think she has a crush on Liam but i'm not to sure he sees it.

'Zayn, you stink of smoke' i said moving away from him slightly

'hello, my holiday was great thanks' Zayn replied sarcastically

'hey! i was just stating facts' I laughed

'i'm trying to give up, i hate the fact my sisters see me smoking, i feel like i'm setting them a bad example' he said sadly

'awhh' I said as the door opened and Mrs Bloomfielf walked in. She wasn't looking so great, she'd put on a lot of weight and her hair was starting to grey.

'Mr Sheeran, Mr Murs Sit down now!' she said as she waddled over to the board. she stated to write an equation. i rested my head on my textbook and watched as she practically danced about the most boring subject ever.

'how can she even like this?' i whispered to Zayn

'I recon she's had a nervous breakdown'

'maybe, i mean she's really let herself go' i whispered back

'or maybe she was like this last year when we kept forgetting to attend' he asked 

'perhaps' i nodded

'Mr Styles and Mr Malik do you mind!' Mrs Bloomsfield said in her shrill voice, i opened my mouth to retort as the bell sounded, i closed it and stood up, packing my bag and walking out of the door with Zayn. Liam came out a moment later with an excited Danielle.

'off to English then' Liam said holding a folder in his arms with an over packed backpack on.

we walked into the class and i sat next to Liam, i rested my head on the window and awaited the dreaded Mr Kingsnorth, but when the door opened, it wasn't a balding old man. No. It was a young woman, whose hair swung loosely around her back she turned to face us. i sat up straight earning a chuckle from Liam. I hit his shoulder and continued to look at this new lady.

'hello class, my name is Miss Flack. I am the substitute teacher as your previous teacher had to be rushed to hospital after having a heart attack. You'll be pleased to know he's made a slight improvement since the incident a week ago' she said. I hung onto the words as she spoke them.

'So this term i have a project for you' she continued 'It is in conjunction with my previous school. it will be a pen-pal project. The aim of this is for you to stop using mobiles computers and simply use a pen and paper' there was some chatting around the room.

'what an idiot' Zayn muttered.

'The school that you will be using as Pen-pals is Hall Cross School in Doncaster'

'Liam' i whispered, he whipped his head towards me

'yes?'

'Where is Doncaster?' i asked, he chuckled. What? my geography skills aren't great.

'about an hour and a half from here' He whispered back

'oh ok' Miss Flack continued to explain about the project while Liam drew a little map on a blank bit of paper, i tried to stay away to humour him. Zayn was throwing pencils at Josh and laughing when they hit him. Danielle was staring at Liam dreamily.

'Harry' Liam whispered

'Yes Liam?' I answered almost automatically

'You and Zayn are still coming round for the weekend?' He asked

'Of course we are' I nodded. Liam's parents were going away to visit Liam's gran who was sick.

'Ok, well i'll see you later, i have history' he stood up, and that's when i realised the bell had gone. 

'Haz, mate we have sports' Zayn said

'What about this project then?' I asked

'I'm not sure what it is, i wasn't listening' Zayn shrugged

'Good, i wasn't the only one' I replied

'New teacher though, she's better than that old egg we had before'

'Oh for sure, she's actually pretty hot' I grinned

'Man, she's like thirty that's wrong' Zayn said rolling his eyes i shrugged

'What wrong with the older lady?' At the look on zayn's face i began to laugh furiously

'Mate, you were scaring me!' Zayn said patting my back, We walked towards the changing rooms.

'Get to Liam's at seven thirty his folks will have left by then' I said grinning broadly.