Chapter 1 part 2; wolf chase

Thanks so much for 100+ reads! That's insane haha.

I've noticed that people are struggling to read chapter 1 (it's BEFORE this chapter.) It containts mature content so it's private. Unfortunately I can't undo that. 

What you have to do to read it is take out this book out of your library, restart wattpad, FOLLOW ME, add the book back into your library and it should be there. 

Still one year ago

Alice couldn't tear her eyes away from her lover's canines; they glistened with saliva in a way that seemed threatening. They had been near her neck, for fuck's sake! 

She snapped her eyes to meet his, her breath coming out in pants, this time not from sex but rather from the fact that he had been close to biting into her jugular. Blood rushed into her head as the silver in his irises melted into gold. Colden's chest rose rapidly as if he was still trying to calm himself down.

"What are you?" She muttered breathlessly. Alice wondered whether the information would damage her more than she already was. She wondered, for a fraction of a second, whether she'd make it out alive. Fear coiled around her heart and squeezed. 

"Alpha?" The man outside the door asked again, this time with uncertainty. 

Colden's eyes flickered to the door before he met her gaze once more. She noticed that they were no longer changing from silver to gold. Perhaps she had imagined it but then...no, she didn't think she did, not when there was a clear storm brewing on his features.  She would not unsee this, she would not be able to forget this man that rocked her world.

His hand reached to touch the side of her face. Alice flinched when his knuckles glided down her cheek and immediately he withdrew his touch.

"What are you?" She asked again, her voice harder this time.  Her head spun from the rising anxiety that coiled in her chest.

He didn't reply. Colden set her on the floor. Shivers raced up her legs from the drastic temperature change and her knees wobbled from the sex. Alice steadied herself against the wall, her eyes never leaving the man that she had been intimate with. He observed her as if she were the animal and not him. 

It would have been funny if it wasn't terrifying.

His eyes, his teeth...she swallowed the bile in her throat. There was a chance she would die tonight and that thought made her heart beat faster.

"Are you able to dress?" His voice was steady despite the situation. It was as if he had expected her to be calm, as if he couldn't believe that she was stressed out.

She counted from one to ten, urging herself to calm down, to think; there was no way that she was willing to die tonight and in order to make it out alive, her head had to be clear. 

Alice nodded, never taking her eyes away from his body. 

Colden moved with a speed of light that she had briefly encountered moments ago. She could only gape as he gathered all of her clothes in a matter of seconds without breaking a sweat. Alice thought back to all those times that she had watched werewolf and vampire movies, to those times that she had fantasized about twilight as a teenager...it couldn't be real. 

Her breathing became laboured as he extended the clothes to her. With shaking hands, she took them from him. Blood pumped in her ears and her legs threatened to give out from under her. She had to breathe.

"I won't hurt you," he never took his eyes away from hers.

Alice wasn't sure she wanted to believe him, not when he had wanted to bite her moments ago.