Chapter 26; Hades

Long time no see, my precious villain hehe. Enjoy this short chapter from his pov! Not to worry, this is a double update so there's a lovely 4k chapter waiting for you after this.

* * *

Lucien, the King of the Lycans, was furious. He paced in front of the large marble fireplace, his hands tightened into fists. The crown that he usually displayed proudly on his head was smashed on the other side of the room, small fragments of the metal laid scattered as if they were plastic.

"Tell me that you are joking," Lucien snarled, his temper rising by the minute, "tell me that this is some early April fools joke!" His clawed hand swiped against the mantlepiece and that too fell to the ground.

Malik hovered in the corner of the room, his eyes cautious and his neck obscured by the collar of his shirt. Lucien enjoyed the taste of fear that leaked off his pores, he enjoyed the way the hatred in his betas eyes reminded him that he was the dominant one. That he was the King. He had done one thing right, at least, even if everything else had failed.

"I'm afraid that what I speak is true, your highness," Malik's voice was barely a murmur, a quiet buzz in his ear. It enraged him all the same.

"How! Tell me how that foolish girl has agreed," he spat the words out with disdain, "to mate him. I planted the seed, I got those disgusting leeches to make her hate him." Lucien paused to think. If the demons had failed perhaps the vampires could. But then...he shook his head, discarding the thought immediately. It was clear that no one was fit for the task, they had proved it time and time again.

Malik's face was contorted in discomfort, "I'm afraid that this was the work of a more powerful being, your highness."

Lucien paused his pacing and his eyes shot towards his betas uncomfortable face. Anger simmered in his veins at the mere thought of being weak. In the blink of an eye, he had his hand wrapped around the man's throat, his red eyes narrowed into tiny slits. "Are you saying I'm weak, beta?" The words came out in a hiss between his teeth.

The hatred smouldered in Malik's eyes but just the same, he shook his head submissively. "No, not compared to anyone alive." He wheezed out.

Lucien paused, his head twisted to the side in thought. "Alive, you say..." he mused. But that could only mean one person that would interfere, and he had discarded him long ago. "Hades!"

He barely saw Malik's nod before he dropped him to the ground, resuming his earlier pacing. Of course, Hades would interfere, if not through him and his men then through someone else. It infuriated him that another male would meddle with his property- his Alice. And to let that silly young Alpha claim her...his lips curled back to reveal a set of sharp teeth. From now on he'd have to work alone. It was clear that everyone else was simply too impressionable to the Gods charms. 

Lucien would have Alice no matter what it took, even if he had to kill half the population to get her.

* * *

Some time ago I saw a comment that someone actually wanted Alice paired with Lucien and girl, I'm just here thinking in what universe? lmao! On that note though, I would seriously love to write a book on Malik alone! So many books, so little time. Remember to leave a vote! It means a lot.