Chapter 17; Say it. Say what you want.

*MATURE content ahead*

Prepare yourselves.

Thanks for 90k reads! This chapter is very long- over 6k words. Enjoy (apparently I don't know how to write short chapters which sucks for me but is great for you haha.)

* * *

After the phone call that Colden had received, Alice's days went by in a mindless blur. She couldn't fathom, couldn't reason, why the Lycan King did what he did. What did he want with her, if not her ability to not die? Was it boredom? Or worse, lust?

Whatever it was, it had kept her up at night. She had less than a day until the full moon and her body thrummed and ached with the tension of the upcoming shift. Exhaustion licked at her limbs and muscles as she sat on the window sill that overlooked the backyard; her old school vans were pressed against the wall in front of her, crinkled from her bent feet, and her checkered pants- that Belle had gifted her with- hung off her legs. 

A sigh passed her lips as she tugged a strand of hair behind her ear, her eyes that were decorated with heavy bags gazed at the wolves that shaped and moulded the backyard into something exquisite. The hunt was tomorrow and Colden's warning, which he had reminded her off after he ordered her to leave the office, still echoed in the crevices of her mind.

She wasn't exactly sure what it meant, she just knew that whatever happened she would heed his warning. Alice had no intentions of pursuing a sexual relationship with the Alpha, especially not when people and wolves were dying around them like flies. Her eyes wandered over Colden's body, his hands held a piece of paper with a list of names of the fallen and his hair hung limply over his eyes.

Much to her surprise, he wore black-rimmed glasses that made him look far more handsome than she remembered- though she didn't like to admit that she found him beautiful. Even still, there was no denying it. Colden was breathtaking with dark charcoal eyelashes, silver eyes and ever so plump lips. A God that was very much alive and breathing.

Colden met her eyes as if he had heard the train of her thoughts. Alice couldn't lie about the fact that his ignorance towards her irritated her. After all, she had every right to know the details of what was going on. If it wasn't for her the problem wouldn't exist. Her eyebrow rose in question at the smirk that tugged at the corners of his mouth.

There was also the fact that he was very much a smug bastard. 

Alice stuck her tongue out at the proud Alpha, shut the curtains and retreated to her bed. With every step and movement that she made, her limbs screamed at her to lay down and not get up. It would be far worse this time around, she knew, and there rose the question of whether that was because Colden was near her. Belle had told her that the soul calls to the other so perhaps this was part of the strange juju that seemed to infiltrate her life.

Ignoring the hiss that passed through her teeth, Alice undone her shoelaces, took off her clothes and got underneath the covers. There'd be no sleep for her tonight, either. But at least she'd be comfortable.

At around 10 pm, several hours later, Tom had come into her room with a bowl of chicken soup; the heavenly scent made her mouth salivate and Alice could only refrain herself from bolting up and snatching it from his hands. She was starved, for the food and for a certain someone. That was always the case during every full moon- it made her insanely horny and delirious, even more so when she could feel him nearby, waiting and watching.

"So I don't know whether this helps fo shifting moon pains but I heard it's made to cure sickness," Tom grinned as he set the bowl down on the nightstand to her right, wincing and hissing at the hot bowl.