Chapter 10 part 1; hello darkness my old friend

Thanks for 14k! WOWIE. Enjoy this chapter.

Before you read I just want to point something out; I've had a few people comment on Alice's bitchiness (or rather, her lack of wanting to be with Colden) and suggested that it makes her unlikable. Whilst I hear you, hear me out too; it's all explained within the chapters I have written- she's been running from monsters since she was 14 and didn't want to run into another monsters arms (in her eyes Colden,) she's got daddy issues, she got DISEASED by a man she slept with and is turning partially into a wolf until she's claimed. Let's be honest, if you found out that you had a disease (this is what that is to her) and that you were destined to be with someone you would not be eager to sit down and listen. I have given explanations for her behaviour and to me, that's a realistic response to everything going on. Everyone has flaws. Alice is just open about them.  

* * *

Darkness flowed down her throat like painfully sharp thorns, gasps of air escaped her mouth and her eyes were frantically wide. Searching for whatever may save her. Something slithered across her skin with razor sharp claws, it left a slimy mark on her pale legs and a shudder passed through Alice's body. Disgust rolled through her in waves, shuddering and jerking as that thing traced her skin.

Her eyes landed on a figure. Obsidian eyes stared at her from the corner of the room; a man with a shaved head and a black suit stood, his arms crossed and a smirk lingered on his lips. Recognition flashed through her but the flame of knowledge was doused with water before it could grow.

There was one thing Alice knew, though. She did not like him

"You will pay for what you have done," his tongue- forked like a lizard- slithered out, black veins grew around his eyes and the same darkness that suffocated her pooled around his feet. Like a slave to its master, it reached towards her ankles. The moment the vapours of death and decay touched her skin a scream escaped her throat.

Alice's eyes brimmed with tears; "I hadn't done anything," she wanted to cry out but the darkness continued its assault, stopping at random intervals so she wouldn't die- so her body wouldn't shut down the pain. When the man opened his mouth to reveal razor sharp teeth Alice's eyes closed shut on instinct.

Fear gripped her body. Her heart pounded like a wild drum inside her ribs. The darkness wanted her to die- it compelled her to die and to let go. 

It was torture of the highest form.

"You will pay for Esters mistakes," the man stepped closer and her body shook with tremors. Goosebumps erupted on her flesh, tears trailed down her cheeks and her mind whirled with the possibility of what was to come. Alice hadn't thought of her papa in years. Her head shook frantically as he glided a blackened claw down her cheek, drawing blood.

"You will pay," the man spoke again, the darkness wrapping around her body like a cocoon. 
Alice screamed and thrashed as it boiled her insides, the thorns pierced her throat and lungs. Blood seeped from every place she could see, her eyes blurred and she faintly tasted death on her tongue.

Death, what she had craved yet not this way. This was not the peace she wanted. This was a nightmare worse than any she had ever experienced.

* * *

"Alice," someone smoothed her sweat covered hair out of her face, their breath fanning against the top of her head. She was pressed against a muscular chest, the scent of earthy musk and rain filled her lungs. It was like a soothing trail of a feather down her senses- teasing and waiting.