Chapter 5

Chase set me on my feet next to his bike. He'd been holding me up so long I wavered a little when I stood on my own. "You okay? You're not drunk, right?"

"No, just lost the feeling in my legs being upside down."

I smirked up at him, which relieved him of his concern.

My mom walked over and handed me my boots at the same time as Chase handed me my clamshell helmet. Last I'd seen it; it had been on Dad's bike. I looked up at him in question and asked, "How'd you get my helmet?"

"How do you think?"

"You touched my dad's bike?" No way would he touch another man's bike without permission; that was a slap in the face to any brother.

"Nope, just the helmet. Put your boots on, let's go home."

Both eyebrows shot up, and my eyes went crazy wide with that word.

"I am home. Where are we going?"

"Don't be a smart-ass, Ainsley. We're going to my home. Better?"

"Nope."

"Nope? What the fuck do you mean 'nope'?"

"We've got some things to get straight before I get on the back of that bike."

"You've had nineteen years to get your shit straight; what the fuck else is there?"

His tone was playful, like what had been normal for us before the first kiss, but I could hear a little edge. He'd just publicly claimed me in front of my dad and everyone. If I rejected him, or anything close to it, he'd lose face and have to deal with that forever. The brothers never let shit go. They were still teasing one of the guys for being too drunk to get it up, and that happened like twenty-five years ago. He'd been given the road name Limp.

"I get on the back of this bike; it's just you and me."

"Yeah, babe; for now, at least."

I saw absolute red!

"What!" I'm pretty sure I screamed that. "I will not share. If you claim me, Chase Daniel Hill, you get me; that's it. No sweet butts, no club whores, no random bitches on a long ride. I won't put up with that shit. You better know that right fucking now, because that's the way it's going to be for me."

Thankfully, I wasn't yelling anymore. Some of the guys weren't monogamous; it was common knowledge; and, unfortunately, everyone was aware of it, even their old ladies. A few seemed cool with it, but not many, they became harder, losing the soft edges they'd once had.

My dad had always been faithful as far as I knew; I couldn't see my mom putting up with that. She'd probably pour hot wax on his balls. She was a creative woman and pretty much could deal with her big burly biker in her own way, she'd taught me plenty.

Chase's smile got wide as he reached out, grabbed my hips and pulled me flush into him. He nuzzled my hair and ran his nose along my ear, which made me shiver all over.

"Damn, baby, there will never, fucking ever, be another woman for me. I feel like I've been waiting my whole life just for you. I wanted to smuggle you away three years ago and find a state to marry us, but I figured your dad would find us and cut my dick off if I did."

I let him kiss my neck, then started laughing hysterically at his idea. I put both hands against his chest and pushed back, then doubled over laughing.

"Oh, fuck! Oh, my god, Chase!" I laughed so hard I couldn't get any words out. After a few hilarious seconds, I stood straight again, wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him square on the lips.

"You ready to go home now?" he asked, still smiling.

"Are you planning to smuggle me away?"

"Not yet. I have other things planned for tonight."

"What did you mean by, for now, a minute ago?"

"What do you think I meant?" His look was soft, his eyes gentle, I'd never seen him look at me like that before. I was about to melt right there on the spot.

"I have no-" I stopped talking when he put his hand on my lower belly and rubbed. Was he? Holy shit. Was he fucking crazy? Well, okay then, I guessed he was serious, yeah I knew it but, damn.

His lascivious grin made my knees week, and my panties dampen.

Apparently, the effect he had on me was obvious, because he smiled again; then he kissed me quickly and turned to straddle his bike.

He had a Harley Fatboy, matte black, no chrome anywhere; it was completely blacked out. It was a fucking awesome bike. I knew he worked his ass off through school to earn money to buy it and make it exactly what he wanted it to be. It was a shit hot ride, and he looked good on it, and I was going to look damn good on the back of it too.

I stepped into my boots and got my helmet on as quickly as I could. No way could I ride bitch barefoot. As I moved over toward the bike, my mom ran over and gave me a long hug. My parents were acting like I was leaving forever.

Breaking away, I put my left hand on Chase's shoulder. He lifted his chin in such a way, I knew what he wanted, so as I swung on, planted a kiss on his lips. This was ceremonial. I knew it, and so did he. I pressed the side of my face into his leather cut and wrapped my arms tight around him. He started up the bike, and we roared off.