Failed Distractions

“Natasha, wake up!” I heard a very sexy voice whisper.

“I don’t wanna,” I moaned, snuggling against my human pillow even more.

“Natasha, seriously, Sarah will freak out if she sees us like this,” my human pillow whispered and shook me gently. I opened my eyes then, looking straight into a very sexy naked torso. I didn’t drink at all last night, did I? Where am I? I looked up into very blue, very sexy eyes. They looked very familiar, but I was still trying to wake up, I rubbed my eyes.

“Mr. Smith?” I asked, shell shocked, trying to remember last night.

“Uhm, yeah,” he whispered, “want to get off me before Sarah walks in?” He didn’t need to ask me twice, I basically jumped off him, realising what it would look like if her best friend found her asleep ontop of her half naked father.

“What happened?” I asked slightly confused, “I remember watching another three episodes of Criminal Minds, but not much after that.”

“I guess we fell asleep on the couch,” Mr. Smith said shrugging.

“Oh, okay,” I said softly, still rather confused, my emotions all over the place, “I’m going upstairs,” he didn’t say a word after that, so I left. I climbed into bed next to Sarah and when she woke up a few minutes later, I pretended to wake up with her.

The rest of the weekend was kind of awkward, to say the least, Mr. Smith and I avoided each other like cats avoid water. I don’t know what he was hiding from, but I was hiding from the fact that I saw Mr. Smith in a whole new light.

He wasn’t just Sarah’s dad anymore. He was a very good looking, blue eyed sculpted master piece, and to say I was very attracted to the man I woke up on, was a very big understatement. I blush just thinking about it.

Luckily Sarah was too far gone in her own love life to even noticed that we were acting strange.

Two months later I was on my bed making out with my brand new boyfriend. He was a good distraction, but not necessarily my true love. That's  when Sarah phoned me, I knew it was Sarah, because I was not really as into this make out session as Jimmy seems to be and kinda peaked over his shoulder to look at the caller ID.

“Jimmy,” I mumbled against his mouth, Jimmy pulled away and looked at me with starry eyes, I knew he thought he was inlove with me, but that look didn’t make me feel as warm as fuzzy  as it would have two or three month ago, “ I need to answer that,” I said nodding towards my phone. He shrugged and got off me.

“Talk later, Chicka,” he said, grabbing his car keys, he barely heard me say goodbye as he was already almost at his car. I shook my head slightly, wondering why I even like that boy, when I realised Sarah was calling me. I quickly dialed her back.

“Hey Sar,” I greeted smiling, “Sorry, I couldn’t answer, Jimmy was-“

“I don’t want to know!” Sarah interupted, she never did like Jimmy.

“Why did you call?” I asked slightly annoyed. I always listened to Sarah’s versions of her and Brian, without complaining.

“Brai and I had a bit of a fight and I was wondering if you would like to, you know, have another sleep over? It’s been months since you’ve been over. You didn't even want to go out for your birthday!” I fought back a comment about there being a good reason for that.

“Why don’t you come over here?” I asked actually inviting Sarah into my abusive household, that’s how desperate I was not to go there, it was just way to confusing.

“Seriously?” she asked giggling, clearly thinking I’m joking.

“It will be something new, I’m sure they won’t fight if I have a guest over?” I stated, but half asked her, desperate for her to say yes.

“Okay, fine, but as soon as we can hear them, we’re both leaving, deal?” I nodded, happy that she agreed.

We barely made it into our PJ’s before my parents started yelling, I made a promise though, so I packed my bag and we slipped out quietly, tears running down my face. I really hated the fighting and I really wish they would just get a damn divorce already. When we arrived at Sarah’s house we had to knock, because, just my luck, Sarah forgot her keys at my house. I tried to wipe my still flowing tears, but I’m sure my green eyes are all puffy and my long brown hair is all over the place.

“Thanks dad,” Sarah said, skipping past him, “I need to go shower, meet you upstairs.” Sarah shouted while running up the stairs, good thing too, because I was stuck outside her house staring at her shirtless dad. Obviously, Mr. Smith wasn’t expecting us home tonight.

“Hi,” I finally got out.

“Hi,” he said smiling slightly, it felt like he was looking right into my soul, “Why are you crying?” he almost whispered, whiping a tear of my cheek with his thumb, leaving a burning trail in his fingers wake.

“My parents...” I started saying, losing my trail of thought when he tucked my hair behind my ear. Everything I wanted to say forgotten.

“I have just the thing to fix that,” he said grabbing my hand, pulling me into the kitchen. My hand burning with his touch, I can’t help wondering if he knows what he’s doing to me. I felt almost empty when he let go, to make me a bowl of Coco Pops. When I realised this I smiled, he knows me well, then my smile fell, he knows me too well. This is really weird again.

“Thanks,” I mumbled when he put the Pops down infront of me and i started eating, anything to stop me saying something that would make it even more awkward.

“You haven’t been over in a while,” he said softly, “Not since we fell asleep infront of the TV after the Criminal Minds festival.”

“Yeah,” I mumbled with my mouth full, wondering if he really didn’t know why I stayed away all this time, “I was busy with school, you know,” I said shrugging.

“I know,” he said smiling, “and Jimmy probably didn’t help either?” he said laughing.

“Sarah told you about that?” I asked blushing.

“Yeah, she couldn’t stop complaining about how you were ignoring her and talking to Jimmy instead,” his eyes twinkled, ”I had to remind her about how she was with Brian in the beginning.”

“We’re not seeing each other that much anymore,” I said blushing even more, he really seems clueless to why I haven’t been back, I got more comfortable when I realised that. I wonder if all of that was just in my head.

“Why not?” Mr. Smith asked, a subtle frown on his forehead.

“I don’t know, I just lost interest, I guess,” I shrugged, I was about to say more when I heard Sarah calling for me, “Gotta go, talk later,” I said running upstairs before he could react.