Popcorn and more...

“So Brain said bla bla bla,” I wasn’t concentration on what Brain said, I swear, all I could think about was Mr. Smith. It was the most awkward thing I’ve ever had in my seventeen years on this earth. I didn’t even know his first name, or his age. It really scared me. I can’t exactly ask him, now can I? Maybe I can ask Sarah, she wouldn’t really care, would she?

"So Sar, how old is your dad?” I interuppted her sentence quietly, she looked at me weirdly then, I must have given something away, I was squirming in my seat, nervous as hell.

“Lol, I don’t know,” she said giggling, explaining her look of confusion, “Dad!” she suddenly screamed down the stairs, I flew up, waving my arms, whispering ‘Stop, stop, stop’, but she didn’t hear me, “Dad! How old are you?”

“Thirty-six, why?” the beautiful man screamed back. Don’t tell him Sar, please don’t tell him! I was still waving my arms, but Sarah’s head was out the door, she couldn’t see me.

“Tash wanted to know, thanks,” she screamed back, totally oblivious to me turning beat red, or the reason why I was actually blushing.

“Thanks Sar,” I eventually said calmly. I could have just as well asked him myself.

"Why does it look like you've been running a marathon, Tash?" Sarah asked, looking at me like I've grown another head. I'm red because of that whole exchange she just had with her dad, and out of breath because I've been jumping up and down waving my arms for the last 5 minutes.

"I- I w-was..." I stuttered looking to the roof for answers, "I was trying on one of your pants," lol, not the best excuse, but hey.

"Oh, Tash, you know I don't have an ass! My pants would never fit over yours, " she giggled, buying the very silly excuse. I let out a wary breath. That was way too close for comfort. This madness needs to stop. From now on I'm calling him Sarah's dad, so that I can remember what's at stake everytime I get all dreamy eyed about a 36 year old man.

 It didn't take long for Brian and Sarah to make up and I was sitting in the same situation I was in two months ago. My tummy rumbling with hunger and Sarah engrossed in a conversation with her boyfriend of the month. Actually they've been going strong for two months now, the longest relationship she's ever had, he finally broke the curse. I giggled, Mr. Sm- I mean Sarah's dad and I used to joke that she's cursed to only be with a guy for a month. I looked at the time, 10pm. Sigh, okay, I'll wait until midnight, then go, he must be asleep by then. My tummy rumbled again, so loud that even Sarah heard it.

"Go eat, Tash," she giggled, holding her hand over her the phones speaker. I couldn't pretend anymore, she's used to me going downstairs and making myself at home. I looked down at my pj's, it's modest enough, I shrug. I walk quietly down the stairs, hoping he's already sleeping.

Finally in the kitchen I try to open the fridge quietly, it didn't work. It made this horrible sucking noise. I held my breath. The night was quiet, I could barely hear Sarah upstairs. I let the breath go, feeling safe again. I took out a bowl, put it on the counter as soft as possible, that backfired too, it slipped out of my fingers hitting the counter with a clang.

"Natasha?" he called from the lounge, "you okay?"

"uhm, yeah," I said quickly, hoping he doesn't come to check on me.

"Sarah not feed you again?" Sarah's dad asked, smiling, walking into the kitchen. Exactly what I didn't want! I stayed still, hoping he'll leave. He didn't, "What's wrong?"

"N-nothing!" I answered quickly. Too quickly. I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding, when he just nodded and left. He must have believed me, I hope so. I quickly fixed my Coco Pops and practically ran upstairs.

When I burst into the door I saw Sarah was still busy talking to Brain.

"What? No criminal minds tonight?" she  asked, a blush creeping onto her cheeks.

"Uhm," I looked at her blankly, what do I say? "I'm not really in the mood," I finally said.

"Oh, okay," she looked slightly dazed, I frowned. What's going on here? What do I do now? He heard me come upstairs. She clearly expected me to be downstairs and stay there  for a while.

"I'm sure your dad will watch something else if I go ask?" I said, reversing back out of the door, she just smiled and carried on talking to Brian, telling him something about me leaving. I made my way downstairs again, wondering if maybe I should be out looking for a friend that does not dump me on her dad every time her phone calls get intimate. I put my bowl in the sink and walked very slowly to the lounge. Delaying the inevitable. I walked into the lounge, Mr. Smith, I mean, Sarah's dad was sitting in his usual spot, eating popcorn. I decided to sit on the singlet on the other side if the lounge.

"Hey," he said smiling, "thought you're not joining us tonight."

"Us?" I asked confused,  looking around.

"Me and the BAU of course," Sarah's dad said laughing at my behaviour. I giggle softly and watched the tv, pretending to get into the show. Not concentrating quite as much as I should have, my fingers twisting together with nerves.

"Want some?" he holds the popcorn out for me, I smile and take some, thanking him. "You know," he carried on, "it would be easier to eat popcorn if you were sitting on your usual spot." I didn't have anything to say, so I stood up and nervously sat 'on my usual spot', sitting as far away from him as possible, pretending to be watching the oh so interesting show. I stuffed my mouth with popcorn, hoping he won't try to talk tonight. Barely done chewing, I went to get some more, but our hands sorta clashed above the bowl.

"Sorry-"

"Sorry-" we said together, he laughed out right, I giggled nervously,  playing along. My hand was still burning from his touch. I can't believe where my mind is lately, I should really pull it out of this gutter its been stuck in the last two months. No normal 18 year old lusts after a man more than double her age. Just thinking that made my cheeks turn red. I was burning to move closer to him, feel the heat of his body against mine, sleep on his shoulder, any touch really, I almost needed it. It worried me senseless. I really missed the fun we used to have, laughing, tickling, making jokes.

But, with these random thoughts stuck in my head, I couldn't risk trying to be normal again. With these thoughts I might just end up kissing the man and embarrassing us both. My mind finally switched off long enough for me to concentrate on the tv. We watched 3 more episodes, talking and laughing almost normally, I was content. It didn't take long after the third episode before my eyes drifted closed. I felt someone pull me slightly to the side and before I fell into a deep slumber I remember holding onto something warm and familiar and sighing contently.