Chapter 35: Snowfall Valley

Dec 17, Monday

"Ace! Are you ready?"

The girl looked out her bedroom door before glancing back at her suitcase that contained a week's worth of clothes. "Yeah! Give me a second!" She called.

Walking to her desk, she put her phone into her pocket and attached her leather-bound watch to her wrist. 

Her eyes landed on her black notebook. She furrowed her brow before deciding to take it, stuffing it into her bag. 

Grabbing her suitcase, she walked into the living room.

Faith and Akia stood close by the door, happily conversing with her aunt.

"Yeah! I agree that Ace is a bit reckless but she does what she does because of her beliefs." Faith explained, using a few hand gestures to express what she was saying.

"I'm what?" The girl tilted her head at the blonde who smirked at her. "Did you just say I'm reckless?"

"Ace darling, you know it's true." Her aunt shrugged. "You've been in fights ever since middle school."

"Who's side are you on?" She frowned, crossing her arms in disappointment.

"Ace may get into a lot of fights but she does it when good intentions!" Akia grinned. "She's so nice!" 

The woman chuckled. "Yes, I suppose that's true."

"Anyways Ace, you ready to go?" Faith questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah." She answered pulling her suitcase towards the door. "You said your stuff is already in the van, right?"

"Yep." The blonde replied. "I didn't expect that van to be so big."

Her aunt smiled. "I guess it's time for you to go." Standing up from her seat, she walked over to her niece with the support of her cane.

"Aunty, you don't need to come over to me. Rest your ankle." The girl quickly met the woman halfway through and wrapped her arms around her.

"Awwee! They're so cute!" Akia squealed.

"I'll miss you, Ace." Her aunt sighed. "Even if it's just for a week, I don't think I'll get used to the silence without you here."

The girl laughed. "You can always call if you're feeling a little lonely when Dad's at work."

"Of course. But I don't want to bother you when you're out having fun with your friends." Her aunt smiled. After a moment, she released the hug. "Your friends are waiting for you. Go have a good time, okay?"

The girl smiled. "Okay!"

"It's been an honor meeting you, Ms. Leina!" Faith grinned.

"It's nice to finally meet you!" Akia added on. "I finally got to meet the infamous Aunty Leina who makes the best cupcakes."

The woman laughed. "It's been a pleasure meeting you two, Faith and Akia. Please keep Ace in line."

Ace rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Bye Aunty!"

Stepping out of the house, the girls walked over to where a silver van waited for them. Raiden was leaning against the side of the car, his hands in his pockets.

"Good morning, Ace." He flashed her a smile.

"Hey, Raiden." She greeted.

"Let me get that for you." Raiden pushed himself off of the car, taking hold of the girl's suitcase despite her protests.

Following him, they walked to the back of the van and pushed a button, causing the trunk to open.

Faith and Akia glanced at each other before entering the van and claiming their seats.