Chapter 42: Job

Glancing at the clock, the girl pursed her lips.

9:03 pm

So close, and yet so far.

She glanced back at the nightstand beside her bed.

Allian had delivered dinner to her. The plate that held curry and rice was now nearly empty, sitting beside an empty glass that had contained iced tea.

Laying down on the bed, she picked up the small pillow and stuck her hand into the pillowcase, searching around for one of the materials she had hidden.

Her fingers found tweezers located at the very edge of the casing. She pulled it out, studying the small metallic item.

In the end, she figured that attempting escape was a better option than sitting still and behaving the way the guys wanted. They kidnapped me, for Pete's sake. I'm not going to be the obedient girl they want me to be.

Looking at her cuff, she sighed.

Why won't time pass faster?

She immediately tensed up when she heard a knock on the door. "We're coming in."

Shoving the tweezers back into the pillowcase, she put down the small pillow just in the nick of time. The door opened, revealing the onyx male as well as the others behind him. "How's our girl doing?" He asked, a smirk on his face.

She sighed, leaning back. "I'm surprised you even ask."

When all of the guys have entered the room, she watched in suspicion as Evan quietly closed the door.

"What, we can't ask about your well being?" Raiden said, leaning against a wall.

Scoffing, Ace glared at him. "Well, aren't you so kind." She lifted her bound wrist, the chains rattling from her movement. "But since you ask, this situation is less than ideal." Her eyes moved away from him, towards the other guys who were scattered around the room. "What's so important that you all had to come?"

Ryoma and Allian glanced away, while Kai kept his neutral gaze direct on her.

Evan remained in the corner of the room, his hoodie draped over his head, hiding his face. She felt a twinge of guilt for being so harsh to the boy in the morning.

"I just got off the phone with your dad," Raiden said in his usual nonchalant voice, his hands in his pockets.

The girl straightened up, her muscles tense and her eyes wide. "You what?" She questioned, alarmed.

"Do I have to repeat myself?" He asked, a smug look on his face.

Her fist tightened up. "What did you tell him?!"

A light chuckle left his lips. "Oh no, I didn't do anything." He pulled out a device from his pockets.

"Is that my phone?" Her eyes stared at the device. Shit.

The male pressed on the power button, allowing the screen to show the password screen.

A sense of relief flowed through the girl. There's no way they could have figured out her password.

"I must say," He said, tapping his fingers on the screen. "Hacking into your phone was a lot easier than I thought it would be."

You gotta be kidding me..

He shrugged, scrolling through her phone. "Well, anyways-"

"What did you do?!" She yelled, panic spreading in her chest. "How the hell did you even do that?!"