Chapter 17

I am standing in a street crowded with too many small houses and apartments pushed together in a small area, like they had no other option but to fit all of these right here. For the first time I have come across such a place and maybe if not for Caleb, I would never be here at all.

I start walking towards the last house after which there is a huge stretch of field. Finally I stand infront of a more-or-less broken down so-called Garage. I am still not so sure if it was a good idea to come here, not knowing if Caleb will approve of it or not. I hope he likes the gesture!

I see an old man come out of the garage with a coffee mug in his hand. His clothes all worn out and dirty. I quickly go up to him, "Excuse me, Excuse me" I shout out behind him as I see him walking away. Finally after three-four times of calling him and running to stand infront of him, he sees me and gives a surprised smile, "Hello there, what can I do for you?"

"Hi, I am Bella, I am looking for a boy named Caleb? Can you tell me if he's here?" I see him give me a more surprised look than before and stare at me.

"You came to look for Caleb?" His amusement still intact.

"Yes, is he here?" I smile at the man infront of me.

"You bet, he is. Go inside, he is still working" The man gives me an affirmative nod, and goes away smiling.

I step inside the dark, old, rusty small garage in this summer afternoon with too much fear in my heart. The creepy silence is broken by the noise I make with my boots, as I enter. I look around to see nobody but only four-five cars and bikes parked in different corners of the large room.

"Brought my coffee, Bob? Keep it over that desk, I'll be out in a minute" I jump as soon as I hear the familiar voice of Caleb but cannot find him anywhere. 

I again start walking forward, my boots making the usual noise again. I find a small desk full of papers, files, a huge table lamp, a pen stand and a photo frame faced in the opposite direction. Beside the desk is a chair where I see Calebs familiar jacket hanging loosely.

"This car is a mess Bob, who the hell brought it here?" I hear Caleb's voice again, but still can't see him. I guess he still doesn't realise I am not Bob. The man I saw earlier with the coffee mug must be Bob. I move at the direction of a car, where from I think the voice came. Some mechanical sounds of fitting and hammering can be prominently heard now and I realise where Caleb might be. I instantly bend down and peep underneath the car and there he is working away like a perfect mechanic.

My bending figure might have blocked the light and my shadow fell over him. In the dark, it's very hard to see his whole body, but it's quite recognizable. He realises soon and looks up to meet my eyes. At first his face was as relaxed as I have never seen before. It takes him sometime to realise that I am the one he was looking at. His whole body freezes and the smiling-relaxing face fades away to a shock, then a stern jaw clenching face looks straight into my eyes.

"Hi, Caleb" I break the uncomfortable staring session with a nervous but broad smile.

He keeps staring at me, still frozen at his position. Suddenly I see him have some sort of realisation and he rolls out of the car on the other side, "Fuck Bella!! What the hell are you doing here?!" Caleb yells at me, making me fall on my butt in shock. Now I can only see his feet. I manage to stand up and brush off the back of my jeans to ease the pain of new gained my bruised butt before trying to give an answer when he cuts me, "Hand me my jacket, it's on the chair"

Now I realise that he is not wearing anything, Oh my God! He was half naked, and all I did was stare at his dark gray eyes. Kill me! I close my eyes, as I try to remember the scene once again in my head. It was actually pretty dark for me to see anything clearly. Now I clearly remember, his naked body,he has abs, like working out abs that any girl can drool over, which is half covered in grease. I couldn't see his chest or anything else as the way he was lying pevented my view, but...