Chapter 25

The sight of the blood dripping from his wrist as he fainted over my lap was more than enough to keep me up at nights. It was like a nightmare yet it was all so true. First of all, the ambulance brought him to the hospital, while I had called Nina. At first I was in too much shock to do anything. Nina called our parents and they came rushing to see him. Then I had been interrogated by the police as they suggested maybe since I was present with him, that maybe I triggered his suicidal thought or more so, maybe I cut his wrist and made it look like a suicide. All the questions and blames made me dizzy but it was yet not over. After the police were satisfied that I had nothing to do with it, along came my Mother with her rage and fury. She scolded me left and right for not telling her about our relationship, for letting Noah get so weak, for not being there for him when he needed me and so on until Georgina made her stop. And when all these things were going on with me, Noah kept sleeping!

He woke up a day later, for just an hour for the Police to report his statements and then he went to sleep again. Fortunately for me, he had stated exactly what had happened and not some exagerration. Not something like I drove him to do it or anything! Yes! I had feared maybe he would say that!

It's the third day, and Noah has gained consciousness for a couple of hours now! He tried to talk to me, but I just avoided him saying I had errands to run and that he should rest as much as he could now, talking can happen later. He had fallen off to sleep again a while back. He had lost a lot of blood and was still weak. My fault, since I was in too much shock that day to call for the ambulance quickly.

Nina came in the afternoon, and was by Noah's side while he slept. Our parents would arrive a little later while I was in charge now. Suddenly Nina grabs my arm and takea me out of the room, shutting it behind me.

"Go home and rest Bella" Nina says turning towards me.

"I'll go, let both our Moms come back"

"Don't agree to what Noah said" She says sympathetically, "Don't be his girlfriend!"

"Nina" I close my eyes and sigh, grabbing her hand in mine, I plead, "Please, I beg of you, don't bring it up again"

"Bella.."

"Nina, quiet down, he can hear us"

"He can't, he is asleep" Nina responds, "Don't do this to yourself"

"Nina! Stop it" I glare back at her and turn around to go. She grabs my hand and turns me around,

"He forced you to be in a relationship by cutting his wrist" Nina says releasing my hand, "It isn't love, he just wants you"

"Will you shut up Nina?" I snap at her, "Didn't you hear what the doctor said? He was suffering from depression, that incident was just an outburst. He isn't a psycho!"

"Don't you think I know that?" Nina asks hurt, her eyes sparkling with tears, "Do you think you are the only one to care for Noah?"

"Nina.. I didn't mean that" I say guiltily.

"No Bella! We are all here for Noah" Nina glares, "But unlike you, we are not blinded by his wishes. He needs help, he needs support of a family, but he doesn't need everything he wishes for, served on platter without any questions asked!"

"He needs love Nina" I say biting my lip.

"And can you love him?" Nina's question strucks me like a lightning, Can I?

"Atleast I can be by his side, always!" I say thoughtfully.

"But you can't love him, right?" Nina questions me while smirking, "Because you love Caleb, all along! And you are just making it difficult for yourself"