Chapter 26

"Why did you close the door?" I ask in alarm.

"I need to talk to you" Noah replies in a serious tone.

"Noah, you should rest.." I try to walk towards the door.

"I have rested a lot" He comes and stands infront of me, "Now, will you please listen to me?"

"Why does that include closing the door?" 

"Because othewise, you would run away" He says in a calm manner.

"Why would I run away?" I ask as if that is the most bizzare thing.

"You were running away everytime I tried to talk to you for the last two days" He says siiting on the edge of the hospital bed, "I will be discharged today"

"Wow, that's a good news" I say smiling at him.

"So about what happened.." He tries to say something but I interupt him,

"Noah, let it be" I say, hesitating.

"No, I can't" Noah stands up in frustration, "Because I see how everyone looks at me now, how you look at me!"

"How do I look at you?"

"Like, you are scared as shit! Like I would do something again and you would be blamed for it. Like I may even kill myself this time."

"Noah! Don't say that" I exclaim in fear.

"But it's true, isn't it?" Noah sulks down and cover his face with his hands, "I am sorry Bella! I am really so sorry! God! What the hell was I thinking?!"

"Noah, don't..." I walk towards him.

"Bella, you have to believe me, I would never do that again. I don't know what came over me to do such a terrible thing, but I swear, I am never going to do that again" Noah says looking up at me.

"I know Noah, I know" I say sitting beside him and try to comfort him.

"No you don't. Because you're god damn scared of me" He snaps.

"Do you think I would be sitting here if I was scared?" I look at him, as he relaxes again, "You had been in depression for too long. I don't blame you for anything, Noah"

"Thanks" Noah mutters, "What torture it must have been to be my friend! Isn't it?"

"God! Stop saying that" I say glaing at him,"Just be the guy I used to know, be my bestfriend or whatever... Just be alright, okay?"

"Bestfriend or boyfriend?" Noah smiles at me.

"Yeah.." I smile back at him feebly, "I promised I won't leave you, that I will be your girlfriend"

"I am pretty sure I told you to be my girlfriend while cutting my wrist, didn't I?" Noah says cocking an eyebrow.

"Umm.. yes, why?"

"Because, if you dont believe anything else that I did that day, why the hell do you want to believe in this?" Noah chuckles.

"I don't understand..." I look at him in confusion.

"Bella, you dumb-head, I don't want you to be my girlfriend" Noah's eyes sparkle as he says that.

"What?" I am still confused. Something did a somersault inside me! Am I dreaming?!!

"You don't love me Bella, you love Caleb" Noah turns towards me, "Why the hell didn't you say that to me when I was acting like a maniac"

"Noah., I don't love him" I look away.