"two"

❛ fourteen years ago. ❜

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐭𝐲𝐩𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐠𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐲𝐞𝐝 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐲. Whenever something irritated the brunette, she would brush it off with a bright smile and a polite remark. But once the thumping of a basketball that came from outside the music room she sat in wouldn't stop - the girl felt rather annoyed.

It was only Morgan's second week at Beacon Hill's high school, and as the girl wasn't one to speak up, this meant she was having some trouble making friends and was also why she now sat in the music room on her own at lunch whilst playing her cello.

However, after another loud bang was heard, she finally had enough of her precious practice time being ruined, so the girl gently laid her instrument down and stood up. As she walked over to the door, the thumping and talking became louder, making the brunette very irritable as the students in the hallway had the whole school grounds to be loud and obnoxious.

"Hey, do you guys mind? I'm trying to practice." Morgan ranted to the small group of jocks that decided to have a basketball game in the school's hallways.

The sudden voice caught the attention of no one other than Derek Hale. The fifteen-year-old boy was very popular, and that was mainly for his good looks and charm he used on the ladies, but since Morgan was new and hadn't yet met the famous Hale boy who was in her grade, she hadn't known that no one else in the school had ever spoken to him like that before.

"How do you know we're not trying to practice here too?" Derek cockily stated as he took in the beautiful girl before him, even though the boy had never had a girlfriend before, he did have a reputation of being a flirt with people. Yet, he had never seemed to lay eyes on such a beautiful girl before with her big brown eyes and petite frame - she was perfection to him.

Morgan sighed at the attractive boy's attitude as all she wanted to do was get back to playing her cello, but she had already pushed past her comfort zone when she asked the boys to be quiet, so she wasn't going to back down now.

"Yeah, well, see, I was practising in the music room, and I'm pretty sure basketball practice takes place in the gym." The brunette sassed back to the group of basketball players, who all laughed at the girl's comment.

"Well, I'm pretty sure basketball practice takes place anywhere you got a basketball. Hold on. If you can get the ball from me, maybe I'll stop." Derek smirked as he seemed to be having fun with the teen girl. Still, Morgan knew better than to play into his game, and also the fact that the brunette girl didn't have an athletic bone in her body prompted her to swiftly turn back around and head back into the music room whilst muttering a 'whatever' to the group of teens.

This rejection didn't sit right with Derek as once he was left alone in the hallway; he decided to follow the new girl back into the music classroom. There Morgan sat with her cello, and she didn't even bother to look up when Derek apologised for his cocky behaviour earlier on.

"Sorry about that. Hey, what's your name?" The boy continued when he didn't get a reaction from the girl. This only seemed to spark the boy's interest in the brunette more because she had both beauty and some feistiness in her.

"I'm trying to practice, if you didn't notice," Morgan hastily replied whilst she carried on with her instrument. She couldn't say she didn't find the teen boy extremely attractive, but the brunette didn't like being embarrassed. That was mainly why she didn't get angry with people a lot, in hopes not to be flustered by them.

"Okay, I'll just leave you alone - after you tell me your name." This seemed to boost the boy's brunette engrossment as she finally put her cello to rest and looked up at Derek with her sparkling brown eyes. She then smirked at the teen as she had come up with an idea to get rid of the jock.

"All right, I'll tell you my name if you can play one instrument in this room, just one," The girl giggled slightly as she noticed the boys face drop a little, but he soon recovered as he picked up the easiest interment there was - the triangle.

"My names Morgan, Morgan Matthews."

o. 𝐛𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐝, 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐧, 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐝, 𝐯𝐚𝐥𝐮𝐞𝐝, 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐝 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝.