"nine"

❛ alpha pact. ❜

𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞

𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 𝐰𝐨𝐤𝐞 𝐮𝐩 𝐭𝐨 𝐚 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐬𝐦𝐚𝐜𝐤 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐜𝐞. Above him sat Stiles, who desperately tried to wake up the unconscious werewolf to tell him that Jennifer had knocked him out and that he now had taken Scott's mom to finish the sacrifices. Unknown to him, however, was the fact that his first love had also been taken.

But since Peter was the only one who knew of her reappearance and the fact that he was with Cora right now, no one seemed to notice the pregnant woman's disappearance. With his dying sister on his mind, Derek quickly stood up and sprinted to where he could smell his sister's scent, however on the way down the hallways, he abruptly stopped.

"Why'd you stop?" Stiles wheezed out once he had caught up to the werewolf. Derek inhaled deeply at the smell he had remembered off by heart. It was of the only girl he'd ever been with, but she had died years ago, and he wasn't about to bring back unwanted memories when Cora was in trouble.

The Hale brother didn't reply to the teenager and instead proceeded to grab his sister to bring her back to his apartment with Isaac in tow. Peter had vanished before Derek had seen his uncle, and the werewolf just hoped it was for good reasons or else he would not be happy.

"She's dying, isn't she?" Isaac sadly blurted out once Cora had been placed on the couch of Derek's apartment, the girl looked deathly ill, and a constant dribble of black fluid left the teens mouth. They were now stuck on what to do as Jennifer had gotten away, and there was no way to get the young girl okay again. Derek's silence to the boy's question only seemed to get Isaac even more annoyed at his Alpha than he already was.

"So what are you gonna do? Do you want to figure something out? Because while Scott and Stiles were out there trying to help people from being killed, you were in here, drinking coffee and gossiping with the actual killer. Do you get how many people she's killed? Erica and Boyd are dead, Cora is dying, and you are doing nothing! Why'd you do this to us, Derek? Was it all about the power? Were you bored? Were you lonely?" Isaac finally snapped. He had enough of Derek sulking about. When he became friends with the teacher, he thought maybe Derek would become a nicer person, but that didn't happen as the man only got everyone into even more trouble through his friendship with Jennifer.

"The full moon's coming. The sheriff and Melissa are gonna be dead, so I'm gonna try and help them. You can sit here and perfect the art of doing nothing." The boy finished off with a dramatic exit from the loft. Derek put his head in in hands as he promised he wouldn't leave his sister, yet people were dying, and he couldn't do anything about it.

As Derek stared at his sister in confliction, he soon heard his uncle's footsteps, but instead of his usual sarcastic and calm demeanour, Peter ran into the room heart racing and for the first time in a long time - He looked scared.

Peter came to a stop in front of his nephew. He knew that he needed to tell him about Morgan, the man had gone back to get the girl, but once he had made it into the hospital, she was nowhere to be seen. Since the storm had calmed down slightly, he could follow her scent to the bathroom, he left her in, but it was empty. She had vanished.

And that's when he had put it together. Jennifer had planned to bring back Morgan all along, as they needed a fourth person, who was in the in-between stages of a parent and guardian, to finish the sacrifice. Morgan was pregnant - the perfect candidate.

"What have you done?" Derek demanded once he took in his uncles rushed state. Just as Peter was about to tell Derek of his first love being alive, Cora began not to breathe again, which quickly made her bother to grab her hand and use his abilities to help her regain strength. Once the teen was stable, the werewolf turned to his uncle with questioning eyes.

"So, I'd rather you do not kill me when I tell you this, but it's Morgan. She's alive." Those few words made Derek see red, but once he couldn't hear the skip in Peter's heart, he was just left confused. The one girl he had ever loved was alive, and their uncle knew about it.

"How?" Derek mumbled out as he stared intently at the wall ahead of him, he couldn't believe what he was being told, and he just wondered if Peter had somehow become all evil and now was able to tell a lie without his heartbeat skipping.

"I didn't believe she was alive either, but once I looked into that woman's eyes, I could tell it was her straight away," Peter stated as he warily watched his nephew. Derek had become a shell of his old self when his lover died in his arms. Bringing all the memories of her back seemed like a bad idea, but Morgan was missing again. Peter wasn't going to let her die a second time. After the younger werewolf stayed quiet, he decided to carry on explaining.

"I've only ever heard of it happening one other time. It's an old ritual called 'pausatur aliquantulum temporis', Latin for 'pause time'. It essentially puts the victim in a coma-like state, but they don't need anything to live on. Their bodies age, yet their memories stay the same. I think that's what happened to Morgan and the baby." The older man quickly exclaimed as time was running out and he needed to make sure both of them were okay, but as Peter described what had happened, he forgot that Derek didn't know about his unborn child, but it was soon known when a roar was heard all over the town of Beacon Hills.

The loud, angry howl was even heard across town and somehow underground, as the loud noise seemed to make Morgan wake up with a shriek as she remembered Jennifer taking her. The brunette's hands went straight for her stomach, but she was soon stopped by the tightly wrapped restraints around her wrists.

"Hey, hey, you're okay!" A man's voice tried to calm the girl as she began to pull on the ropes tied around her furiously. Looking up, Morgan saw that two other men and Melissa were in the same position as her. They all looked worried for the young girl as while they all knew there was a possibility that they could die, the mother-to-be had no clue of her fate.

A bright light seemed to make its way into the room once again, and Morgan got Déjà vu at the moment she watched Jennifer walk down the steps again of the nemeton, just like the night Morgan awoke.

"Well, well, well, the pregnant she-wolf is finally awake," Jennifer sneered as she walked towards the woman. As much as Morgan tried to get out while using her new abilities, it felt like she was now human again as the ropes had begun to burn, which made her stop tugging.

"I never knew why Derek was so insistent on staying loyal to you, but now I'm up close and personal with the one and only Morgan Matthews. You're quite pretty," The druid continued as she crouched down in front of the girl and slowly twirled a piece of Morgan's hair in her hands. All three adults squirmed in discomfort as they all felt protective over the younger girl who carried a baby.

"It'll be such a shame to have to kill both of you. But a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do to survive around here."

o. 𝐦𝐲 𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞.