"thirteen"

❛ galvanize. ❜

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐟𝐭

𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐠𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐛𝐨𝐲𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝'𝐬 𝐬𝐮𝐝𝐝𝐞𝐧 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐚𝐬 𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐥𝐨𝐟𝐭. It was mainly because he wouldn't tell the woman where he went or why there was a dead receptionist because of it.

Unknown to the woman, Derek was taken by a group of hunters who wanted information from his uncle and himself, but they were soon saved by someone paid to come and find them - a girl called Braeden. The man didn't want to stress out his pregnant girlfriend, but it seemed like he was stressing her out even more when he wouldn't tell her the reason for his disappearance.

The brunette just hoped she would be able to get some information from Peter as once the two were up in the loft, the women quickly smelt the uncle's strong scent along with a lot of blood. She soon found out why as Peter sat on one of the couches with his decapitated finger in his other hand.

"Ow! Don't you have any anaesthetic?" Peter groaned out once his nephew had settled his girlfriend and began to sew on his finger that hunters cut off.

"Yep." Derek bluntly replied to his uncle's statement, which made the man growl out in annoyance. Morgan could tell the two didn't get along anymore as when she was a teen, the two were good friends, but she just guessed the older Hale relative must've done something wrong to annoy Derek this much.

Peter looked sceptically at the pregnant woman who sat on the opposite side of the room before asking his nephew what he had been dying to ask once they had been saved.

"Well, are you at least going to tell me what I risked life and digit for?" Peter growled out as Derek tightened the string around his finger yet again. The question sparked interest within the woman as she quickly stood up and walked over to the two werewolves who had now finished the sewing of the finger and taken out a small circular object from a box.

"After the fire, that's all that was left of her, Talia," Derek mumbled out as he scattered the few werewolf claws of his deceased mother on the table in front of him. The man felt slightly better when he felt his girlfriend's delicate hand on his shoulder as she always seemed to calm him down whenever he was stressed or angry.

But Derek wanted to make her pregnancy as stress-free as possible, so once he looked Peter into his eyes, the uncle knew what he had to be done.

"You know, there's always an element of danger to rituals like this. I'm not particularly fond of them unless they somehow benefit me." The older Hale relative babbled on. Morgan was utterly confused as to what the two men were talking about as all she knew so far is that they had been kidnapped, had then been rescued, and then brought home a box of Talia's old claws - nothing made sense to her anymore.