Chapter 2

Scarlet rocked the baby gently in her arms, her cheeks still damp and salty. She walked over to her daughters cradle, and placed her slowly on top of the soft blankets. "Michelle," Scarlet whispered almost inaudibly, stroking the wisps of dark hair on her small head. The babies round eyes blinked up at her mother, the vivid green exactly like her father's. Scarlet kissed her smooth forehead, and pulled the blankets around her tiny body. She held the child's hand until her eyes closed and her breathing became heavy and slow, her little toes curled underneath the covers. Her fingers relaxed on her mothers hand and she pulled away carefully, tiptoeing out of the room.

She walked into her and Wolf's bedroom to find him leaning against the wall with his eyes closed. She leaned into him and breathed in his scent.

"Wolf-" Scarlet started, before Wolf wrapped his arms around her and rested his chin on the top of her head.

"No Scarlet," Wolf said quietly, Stroking her bright curls with his hands.

"I'm sorry. It will get better I swear, with the baby-" Scarlet silenced him with a finger on his lips.

"Let's just forget about it for now'" She said sighing, her eyes closed. She leaned up and kissed him on the mouth, her arms twisted in his shirt. She fell asleep standing there, wrapped in her husband's strong arms, finally, finally, feeling safe.