Chapter 8

Scarlet was slumped at the kitchen table, her mind full of a numb buzzing. She was clutching a mug of coffee that had gone cold a long time ago. Tears were wet on her face, her nails bitten to bleeding stumps. Her breaths were ragged and much too fast, almost hyperventilating.

She didn't know what to do with herself. She didn't understand.

She was going insane.

She closed her eyes and focused on something, anything, to keep her sane.

~ ••• ~

Scarlet laughed giddily, tucking a neat red curl behind her ear. She looked stunning. Dressed in a simple white dress that dipped low at the neck and floated gracefully around her ankles. Her pale cheeks glowed a rosy pink, dusted with cinnamon freckles. Her eyes sparkled the way only Wolf could make them, she looked down at her bouquet as she grinned madly to herself.

Scarlet gasped as the doors swung open, and her eyes fell instantly upon Wolf. He smiled at her, the way only Scarlet could make him.

She couldn't look away from him. His wild hair was combed down so it looked neat, Scarlet wanted to ruffle it up the way she liked it. He looked strange in smart clothes, it was a nice strange though, Scarlet thought. His green eyes sparked with a live electric passion for Scarlet.

Her smile warmed him so deeply he could barley control his emotions.

Scarlet looked down at her feet as Thorne whispered in her ear, "are you ready?"

She turned to him and nodded nervously. He winked jokingly at her, before taking her arm and leading her down the aisle towards the man she held so dearly.

~ ••• ~