Part Eight

Avni's POV-

I was sat in the airport talking to a lovely family when I saw Neil run over. 
He looked around and I waved at him

"Avni, I thought I lost you" 

"Well, now you found me, this is Sherry and Ryan, they were just telling me how they got ripped off of their ticket, I tell you its so bad" I shook my head

Neil pulled me up and walked away with me while I shouted an apology to the duo and waved. "You know, I really want to be mad at you for running off, but when I see the old you coming back, I cant be" 

"Old me, have I changed"? I tried not to pay heed to the comment, but it still hurt, exactly how much had I changed?

"No, well, yes, slightly, its hard to explain" 

I felt my body weaken, if I had changed, if I wasnt the woman he loved, would he still love me?

He tipped my chin up, ensuring my eyes were once again captivated by his "I know what you're thinking, I still love you"

I released a breath I was unaware I was holding, he knew me, more than I knew myself, the way in which he looked at me made me feel like I was something special 

He wrapped his arms around me, his nose in my hair, inhaling "I just need to hold you, you smell like home" the way he held me left me wanting more. "Dont ever doubt my love for you" 

"Whats so special about me" I murmured into his shoulder, I had seen how all the women had gushed over him as soon as we entered the airport, he could have had anyone yet he settled for me and it made no sense

He looked aghast. "Whats so special about you, before I met you, love was something I didnt believe in, I never thought I could be capable of having an emotion so pure, you taught me how to love, you taught me that good still exists, even if I could never be good- for me, you are my world, you brought me happiness, you're my light" 

My head was spinning, I couldnt breathe, his words had hit me hard. I heard the call for our flight, I wanted to say so much, yet there was no way to put into words how he made me feel. Instead I followed him to the flight, trying to put my thoughts together

Eventually getting on the flight, I sat next to him, I furrowed my brow "Hey, dont you have a private jet, so why are we on a public plane" 

"You remember" he asked, astounded
I shrugged "I guess I do"

As soon as the belt sign was off, I was up and in his arms, "They said you would never remember anything, this is a start, that means you can remember more, remember us" 

I didnt want to get his hopes up, I feared I would let him down if I couldnt remember.

His stubble brushed against my cheek, making me laugh, his eyes lit up and he smiled, "beautiful" his smile widened when I blushed, shaking my head so my hair covered my face "You know, the happiest day of my life was when you agreed to marry me, the second happiest day of my life is this one" 

-----------------

We had arrived in Paris, the city of love as Neil had so fondly called it. Neil reached down, holding my hand, "We were meant to come here for our honeymoon, you said as a child you always dreamed that the man you loved would bring you here and I know im not the man you love, but I hope this will still be good enough" 

He always seemed to care about my needs before his own, in his mind I would always come first and it was baffling how he thought for just a second that coming here with him could dissapoint me, truth was, anywhere where Neil was, would always be good enough for me. "Its perfect, theres no one else I would rather be here with"

"You always do know how to make me smile" 

"Im glad I can make you smile, you look more handsome when you smile" 

He stepped closer to me, making me step back, a smirk on his lips and his right brow raised, mischevious look on his face "You think im handsome"

I swallowed thickly. "Well I married you didnt I"?

His arm wrapped around my waist, making my chest hit his "Hm, yes you did, was that because im handsome"?

"Uh maybe" I tried to make sense of my words, but I couldnt focus when he was this close, his cologne assaulting my senses

I looked down at his hand on my waist, underneath my top, he drew circles on my waist, making me gasp. "So, you find me attractive, im not sure if your words are enough to make me believe you" 

I gulped "Well then what will", I regretted asking, I knew that was what he wanted but I couldnt stop myself from wanting to know, wanting the chance to give him what he wanted. 

"Seduce me" 

"Seduce you" I squeaked, how on earth was I meant to do that

"Uh huh, unless you think you're not capable of it" he raised a brow

I was never one to say no to a challenge, I shoved him back and put my hands on my hips, "Consider yourself seduced Mr Khanna"