Part Seventeen-

Author's POV-

Avni stood nervously in the kitchen making her tea, the sun streaming through the blinds made her flinch away as she continued to stir, too confused about how to best go about arguing with Neil, it wasn't exactly something she wished to do but his life was more important to her and she didnt want to put him at risk, she reminded herself it would only be for a small while until Neil could catch Rajesh.

"Lets go shopping" shouted Sunheri as she ran in, though of a small height she always managed to have so much energy

Turning towards her she smiled, maybe a shopping trip would take her mind off of the task at hand "Sure, that sounds great"

Neil walked in, his blazer undone and tight around his shoulders as he stretched past his wife to grab some water "Morning" he whispered under his breath, corner of his lips rising before he stepped back and his face became emotionless once again

She distantly wondered how she still managed to be so affected by him, whether he was close or far away, he still managed to affect her in the same way, gulping down the warm tea she instantly regretted it

"So, shopping, where to go"? Sunheri repeated

Neil rolled his eyes "There you go, spending my money again, is that why you married me in the first place"?

Sunheri's jaw dropped as DD walked in "Bhai, you know Avni bhabhi isnt like that"

This only caused him to laugh in response "Isnt she, nothing I ever did was enough for her, it was clear from the start her only interest was my money" turning his head he scowled at his wife, gaze ruthless and determined that just fot a second she forgot that this was merely an act "Tell me, would you still want me if I was poor"

Avni blinked "Not everything in the world is about money Neil, theres more to life then the amount in your bank account" looking down she stepped back "But if you knew me at all you would know that's how I feel"

Sunheri and DD looked at eachother in confusion then stepped away

"Of course there is, but you wouldnt know that would you" he replied

Waggling her index finger before him, she pointed to his chest "Tum apni aukat meh raho"

He laughed heartily, eyes darkening "Me, you have got to be kidding right, you want to go out and spend my money yet you're telling me that"

"Bhai please, I dont know what has changed but this isnt you" DD pleaded

Neil smiled "This is me, Neil Khanna, its who I have always been, I was stupid to ever try and change for her, for someone who will never be at my status"

Avni stormed off to her room and slammed the door, her shoulders shook as she leant against the door "It's just an act, it's just an act" her words seemed to offer her no comfort

Neil's gaze following her as she left, he hoped that he had not taken it to far and upset her, excusing himself he walked into their room and shut the door softly, stepped forward and wrapped his arms around her waist, chin atop her shoulder "Are you mad at me"?

She shook her head in response

"Have I made you sad"?

Avni turned slowly to face him "You dont think those things about me do you" maybe it was stupid to even wonder but she needed to know, needed the reassurance that her Neil hadn't somehow turned against her

Neil cupped her face, ensuring she was looking into his eyes "No, I love you, I always will, even if you were those things, but I know you are not, but we have to make this realistic, we have to say things we dont mean or it will look like it can be fixed, but right now, when we are alone, just you and me, its more important now to take this time to realise eachothers love"