| 03 |

E L E N A

For the rest of the day, Elena stayed in her room. Having lost her need to eat to drink, she sat in the corner of her room with her legs pulled close to her chest and her face buried in her arms. For the first time in years, tears were running down her face.

Elena had suddenly lost all her hope. She had lost her last hope of freedom. She was now forever bound to this forest.

"Run away!" A small voice said in her head.

Elena shook her head. "I can't."

"Yes, you can."

Elena furrowed her brows and raised her head. The voice she heard did not belong to her. Has she finally lost her mind? She was now hearing voices.

"You are not insane. The people around you are the insane ones here."

Elena jumped in fright. She looked around in her dark room to look for the source of the voice.

"Okay, I have really lost my mind," she muttered to herself.

"Look outside the window." The voice said again.

Though finding it strange, Elena for some reason followed. She stood up and stared outside but saw nothing but the dead trees surrounded by darkness. What else was she expecting to see? It was the middle of the night.

"Focus."

She did but still saw nothing.

"Yup, I am going insane,"

"I said focus! Take a deep breath and try to concentrate!"

Elena took a deep breath and closed her eyes. When she opened her eyes, she gasped. Even though it was dark, she could see clearly.

"What is happening?"

"You had your awakening today." The voice replied.

"Awakened?" she furrowed her eyebrows.

"It means that your other half, your lupin, which is me is now awake."

She had heard of shifting which was when the werewolves would finally transform into their animal form but she had never of awakening before.

"I will explain to you later. We don't have much time. Close your eyes again and try to listen."

She did as she was asked. She felt her breath stop when suddenly, the voices around her become clearer as if they were in the same room as her. Among them, she heard Zavia and Garvin's voices. She tried to focus on their voice and suddenly, the rest of the sound disappeared and she could only hear the two.

"Your wish is coming true," Zavia said. "You will finally fuck the girl...after lusting for her for years."

Garvin gave a throaty laugh, "the bitch will be mine and so will the power."

Elena felt disgusted as she listened to them. She felt bile come up her throat. She opened her eyes and ran to the cover where she threw up.

She took a few long breaths to calm herself.

"YOU HAVE TO RUN AWAY, Elena!"

"But...but I can't. I won't be able to."

Y"es, you can. You are a pure werewolf, nothing like the Lycanthropes. They only process half the strength of a werewolf. They do not have sharp senses like you. Use your abilities and run away."