| 16 |

Elena watched from a distance as Fryer caught Katherin who was about to fall after tripping

Elena watched from a distance as Fryer caught Katherin who was about to fall after tripping. An amusing smirk appeared on her lips when she saw how Fryer placed his hand over Katherin's which was resting on his chest. He helped her stand straight and wrapped his hand around her waist making Elena raise her eyebrow. 

"I can foretell a romance is building between the two," Elestren appeared from behind startling Elena. Diana and Verena were beside her. 

"I prefer him with Elena,"  Verena muttered. 

"They make a beautiful match, in my opinion," Diana smiled. 

"Is that what you think?" Elena asked in humor ignoring what Verena said. She chuckled when the others nodded, "this is going to be fun."

"What?" Elestren grabbed Elena by her shoulders and turned her around to make her face her "you know something, don't you?" 

"Huh?" Elena made a face as if she was as clueless as they were. 

"I know that expression of yours. You always make that when you know something or you are planning something. So which one is it?" Elestren looked at her, trying to figure out what was going on in her mind.

"What if I say, it's both?" Elena teased them. She chuckled when she saw their expressions.

"What do you know?" Elestren narrowed her eyes. 

"It's no fun if I tell you now," Elena pulled herself away, "Just wait and enjoy the show." 

The girls watched Elena as she walked away from them. 

"What do you think it is?" Diana asked. 

"Something which isn't amusing at all," Elestren said seriously, "the things that amuse her, they are dangerous."

"What...is that supposed to mean?" Verena asked confused.

"That means, something terrible is soon about to happen in this pack."

•☾• 

"Is there something you need to tell us?" Felix asked the moment he entered Fryer's office.

"Like what?" Fryer looked up from the papers he was reading. Being an alpha was not an easy thing and he was learning it the hard way. He could barely give attention to himself when he had to take care of everyone around him.

"Like what the fuck is going on between you and Katherine?" Felix said and leaned forward on the table, his hands gripping the edges of the table as he carefully studied Fryer.

"She is a nice girl," Fryer turned his attention back to the papers, "beautiful and kind too."

"Do you like her?" Felix asked him seriously.

"I might...in the future," he shrugged.

"Are you finally moving on from your mate?" Felix asked him, touching the subject he never dared to touch before.