| 38 |

Scarlett sat on the throne, a small crown sitting on her head as she threw around orders left and right

Scarlett sat on the throne, a small crown sitting on her head as she threw around orders left and right. Her face was void of any emotion, her voice was colder than the ice. At this moment she was not the carefree Elena they once knew, neither was she the strong Scarlett she later became—right now she was a heartless queen who was ready to take her revenge. It was Elaric who was supposed to ascend this throne yet here she was, heartlessly sitting on it.

It's been two days since Fryer remembered the death of his family, two days since he hasn't talked to Scarlett. Scarlett has commanded all the packs to return to their lands, including Fryer. They are left early this morning yet Scarlett never stepped down her throne to see them off. She had locked herself in the throne room and the only person allowed to enter was Zolten.

Her own pack had left and never once did she looked towards them as they came to say their goodbyes. Even Daniel was unable to get any kind of reaction from her. It was as if she was not human any more, as if there were no emotions left inside her anymore. 

No one understood what was happening, some said that she was unable to cope with all the things that had happened around her, others believed it was the thrive to fulfil the destiny that made her this cold. But it was only Xavier who knew the actual truth. This was the reason he told her to stay strong because the dream she had was not just a simple dream

•☾•

Scarlett blinked her eyes multiple times to adjust her eyesight. She was in some kind of underground standing right in front of a three tunnels pathway. How in the world did she get here? She was not sure of that. She looked at the three pathways In order to figure out what she was supposed to do here when she noticed the dim light coming from one of the pathways. She could feel a light breeze coming from there. 

Without giving much thought to it, she followed after the light. The further she went, the brighter the light got but she still could not see the source of the light. She noticed the ancient witch language crafted on the walls making her wish she could actually read them. They were so beautiful that she stopped for a moment to admire them.

If only she could read them!

Scarlett started to walk again letting her legs lead her towards the light. The closer she got, a feeling of warmth started to surround her. She walked until she stood in front of an open door that led to a room. She peeked inside to find out it was a tomb. There was no window or any other source of light but the room was still filled with it making her gawk in astonishment. She took slow steps inside mesmerized by everything. Unlike outside, there were images crafted on the stoned wall instead of the ancient language. In the middle lied a stone tomb.

She walked to one of the walls to study the images and walked along the walls to figure out what this actually was when it struck her. The massacre of the royal family nine hundred years ago! She was shocked to discover it. She looked around the room to figure out where was the start was until she finally found it.