5. Do You Like Me?

Noah

By the time I made it back to my room, after brushing my teeth vigorously, Max had hung up.

But there was a text waiting for me.

Max: Give me a call when you're ready to talk about it, but please text to let me know you're ok.

Wow, Max never said 'please'. Unless he was talking to my mum.

I texted back.

Noah: I'll call you tomorrow. I just threw up. I must be coming down with something.

My phone buzzed right back.

Max: Yeah, you're loooove sick (laughing with crying eyes emoji)

Noah: Piss off

I threw my phone onto my bed, in annoyance, but I couldn't help the small smile at my best friend's stupid humour.

Shit, was I really love sick?

I certainly didn't feel the same sort of sick I had been in the past, where I had stomach ache and just wanted to stay in bed.

No, this sort of sick came over me all of a sudden, in a moment of sheer panic.

Because I had realised something. Something that both excited and terrified me.

I think liked Robin.

As in, I think I like liked Robin.

And I wanted to kiss Robin? Maybe...

I quickly rolled over and buried my face in my hands trying to wipe that thought away in case I was sick again.

But I didn't feel sick this time.

No, I felt excited. And a bit nervous. Because I was going out with Robin. Date or not, I was still getting to spend a large part of the day with him, and that was definitely something to be excited about.

What should I wear?

I jumped off the bed and started rooting through my wardrobe.

What do you wear on a date with a dude?

But maybe it wasn't a date. What if Max had got it wrong? What if he was just wanting to hang out with me as friends?

I flopped back onto my bed, my hands over my face, when my bedroom door opened and my mum poked her head in.

"Are you ok Sweetie?" she asked.

"Sweetie? Again? Really?" I asked, sitting up to look at her.

She shrugged. "It just feels like a sweetie sort of day."

I shook my head and chuckled at her. She always seemed to pick up on my moods, but I wasn't sure how. Magic mum super powers I supposed.

"I'm fine, honestly," I said, giving her my best 'I'm ok smile'.

"I know you are Sweetie," she replied, her eyes twinkling in amusement at the word sweetie. "But tell me, how did it go with Robin?"

"Fine," I answered quickly, and I focussed on the mess on my bedroom floor in an attempt to not think about Robin and start blushing.

"So did you ask him about Bradley?" she asked, and I sighed at the fact she wasn't going to let this drop.

"Yes, and he said he wasn't into him like that."

"Well, that's good isn't it?" she asked, almost hesitantly.

"I guess so," I replied in much the same tone.