Ignoring Me

The next day I decided to do the mural by myself. I wasn't sure about it at first, but I needed something to distract myself. My mind had been foggy with thoughts of Trent and it needed to stop. After dropping off my example of the mural in the office, I caught up to Ethan in the hallway. "Hey, just turned in a painting to the office for the mural."

"You're doing it?! Nice! I don't think anyone has taken an interest in it, so they'll most likely ask you to paint it. Unless, ya' know, your painting's shit." he laughed after I playfully punched him in the arm. "I was kidding. Of course it's gonna be great," he said.

Turning the corner, my eyes locked on Trent's. He was walking our way with Austin by his side and when they got up to us, Trent harshly ramed his shoulder into Ethan's causing Ethan to stumble back. "Oh, my bad," Trent said with sarcasm dripping from his mouth. "I guess I didn't see you there," he said to Ethan then glared at me as if saying This is what happens when you tell me what to do.

When they walked past us, Ethan flipped them off.

**

Right after my Government class, Trent texted me to meet him in the auditorium. I ignored him. Instead, I endured the boring access class— though my mind refused to think of anything but Trent— until it was finally lunch time.

I never go to the cafeteria for lunch. Call me a pussy all you want, but when I eat, I like to be in peace and not worry about Austin, Jax, or Trent harassing me. So I go to the Library.

"Hey, Mrs. Baker. How are you?" Mrs. Baker is the Librarian at Westwood High School. She's the sweetest lady you'll ever meet. I'm the only person she allows to eat in her library. In return, I volunteer after school to help her out with whatever she needs.

"Good as always," she told me. "How are you?"

I shrugged. "Hangin' in there. Got any books you need me to put away?"

"Oh no, Sweetie. You enjoy your lunch. Though I'm sure there will be plenty of books for you to put away after school once those tenth graders come down here," the librarian said then rolled her eyes.

I chuckled knowing Mrs. Baker always gets annoyed at the sophomores. "Alright. Thanks," I said then walked off to my regular spot all the way in the back of the library.

In the back, there was a nice, comfy navy blue chair with a side table next to it. That's where I always go.

Right as I was about to set my backpack down and pull my lunch out, my arm was yanked to the side.

I yelped then glanced up to see Trent pulling me until we reached one of the private tutoring rooms.

"Why are you ignoring my texts?" Trent asked after he shut the door.

"How'd you know I was in here?" I asked, knocking his hand off of me.

Trent gave me a look like I was stupid. "You always come in here for lunch."

"Surprised you noticed." I muttered.

"Why didn't you respond to my text?" Trent questioned me again, impatiently.

"Gee, I don't know," I started with a sardonic tone. "Maybe because of that stunt you pulled today with Ethan."

Not only that; just like I thought, Jax saw the hickey on my neck and started a rumor saying I screw Mr. West for A's in his class. Mr. West, is the meanest and oldest teacher at our school. If Jax had said I screwed someone like Mr. Jones, I'd be fine. Mr. Jones is the hottest teacher at our school by far, but Mr. West? Ew.

Trent rolled his eyes which pissed me off even more. "Are you serious? That's why you've been ignoring me? Because I bumped my shoulder into Ethan's? That's nothing compared to what Jax and Austin would've done."

"It was still a dick move," I said crossing my arms.

"Well, I told you I didn't like you hanging out with Ethan."

"And I told you I don't like you hanging out with Austin and Jax. Guess we both aren't going to get what we want."

Trent looked away with his hands balled into fists. He took a deep breath to calm his anger down then turned back to me. "My dad's not gonna be home this weekend. You gonna come over?" He asked in a more serene voice, dropping our previous conversation.

Trent's dad is hardly home due to work, and most nights that he leaves, I come over. Though Trent would never admit it, he hates being in this house alone. Some nights, when I'm not in the mood for a hook-up, he'll still tell me to come over just to fall asleep next to him.

"Do you want me to come over?" I asked.

I watched as his jaw clenched. "I don't care either way."

"Great. Then I'm not coming over," I said simply and turned around to leave, but Trent stopped me by placing his hand on the door.

"Fine. You win. I want you to come over."

I turned back around and smiled at him. "What's the magic word?" I asked, knowing I was pushing it. Trent hated when I did that. When I refused him until he gave in and tells me, he wants me. He might've hated it, but I loved it.

"Fuck off, Justin," he said then sighed. "Please come over to my place tonight so I can fuck you."

"No need to be vulgar, but fine. I'll come over. I'm volunteering at the library after school though, so you'll have to drive me."

"No," he stated, crossing his arms.

I shrugged. "Guess I'm not coming over then."

"Ugh! Fine. I'll fucking pick you up. But that's it, Justin. This isn't a fucking date. You're just spending the night."

"I'm sleeping over?" I inquired.

Trent shrugged, not looking at me. "It's a Friday; we don't have school tomorrow, and my dad will be gone all weekend for his stupid business meeting out of state." He faced me once again.

"Well I'm gonna need to get like clothes and stuff."

"Whatever, just... sleep in my clothes. Better yet, sleep naked," he gave me a mischievous grin.

"You'd like that, wouldn't you?" I smirked.

I almost caught him smiling as the corner of his lips lifted ever-so-slightly, but it quickly vanished. "So you're coming over?"

"Yes, I already said I would. I'll just tell my mom I'm spending the night at Ethan's"

Trent's nose scrunched up in disgust when I brought up Ethan. "What time are you gonna be done with your 'volunteer' work?"

I shrugged, "It'll only be like a half hour. So three-ish?" I told him.

"Fine. Meet me at my car when you're done," Trent instructed then grabbed his backpack— which was on the floor— and walked out leaving me alone in the tutoring room.

I sighed, sitting down at the small table that was in the room. I pulled out my lunch and not even ten seconds later, the bell rang, signifying the end of lunch.

"Great."

**