Crass Drawings

Almost four weeks have passed and I've refused to talk to Trent. He's texted me a couple times to meet up with him, but I've declined. To keep myself busy, I've been working on the mural. I was actually pretty excited, it looked great! I was probably gonna finish it that day.

When I got to my locker before first period, a girl, Rachel, from my history class walked up to me. "Hey, I heard about your mural. Sorry, I know you've been working hard on it," she said. My heart dropped. What is she talking about?

"Nice mural, Justin! I like what you did to it. Really brings out the school spirit," Rachel's boyfriend, Tyler said, putting his arm around her. Rachel hit his arm. "What? It's funny," he defended.

"What are you guys talking about?" I asked as my heart sped up with worry.

"Shit, you haven't seen it?" Rachel asked and I cringed at the pitied look she gave me.

"Seen what?" I asked, but I didn't give them the chance to answer as I sprinted towards the lunch room. "No," I panted. "No," I breathed out once more, not believing my eyes. In front of me was my mural that I've been working on. It now has multiple poorly drawings of dicks spray painted in black and red.

I don't even have time to process what I'm seeing as the intercom calls out my name telling me I have to report to the Principal's office.

When I walked into Principal Harrison's office, he pointed to a chair, "Have a seat."

I angrly sat down as the principal turned his computer around to face me. On the screen was a surveillance camera of last night. Three teenages; Jax, Austin, and Trent, were caught on tape breaking into the school.

Of course it was them.

The video didn't show them actually doing the crime 'cause the mural is out of view of the cameras, but the spray cans in Jax's hands is all the evidence needed.

"They're with the janitor now, heading to the lunchroom to scrub off their... crass drawings," I scoffed. "I'm sorry this happened, Justin. But I'll have you know, they're actions won't go unpunished. They'll stay after school with you to help you with anything you need and they'll be serving Saturday detention for the next month."

That's it? They break in and vandalized the school and all they get is detention plus lending me a helping hand? Fuck that! I'd rather no one help me at all!

I stood up, "This is bullshit!" I exclaimed and stomped out.

**

"As your punishment for vandalizing the school mural, you three will spend after school with Justin, helping him with whatever he needs. Also, I'll be seeing you three in Saturday detention for the next four weekends," Principal Harrison explained to Jax, Austin, and Trent, once the school day ended.

"Are you fucking kidding me? It was a joke. It's a stupid painting," Jax said.

"Watch it, Jaxon. If you keep up this attitude of yours, I won't have a problem with adding more detentions to your list."

Jax huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. Jax hated when people used his whole name. You could practically see the smoke coming from his nostrils. Good.

When our principle left, I said. "Just leave. I sure as hell don't want your guys' help."

"You'll keep your mouth shut that we're skippin' out?" Austin asked.

"Won't say a word," I confirmed, not wanting to look at any of their faces. I can't believe I have to redo all of my hard work.

"Great," Jax exclaimed, clapping me hard on the back. "Later, loser," he smiled and walked out with Austin. Trent stayed behind.