THREE - A Little Dream (Part 1)

"His gaze explored her waist, and then, as a gentleman would, ran across to her collarbone, though his imagination didn't take the shortcut."

-
-

She walked in and stopped under the door frame, looking around.

"You look devastatingly dazzling tonight, dear." She heard.

Looking to her side, she opened up a smile framed by a red tone that suited her skin like velvet to greet her friend. She reached out her hand to shake, "Zen Charlotte Bellamy." She announced.

He took her hand and smoothly turned her palm to face the marble floor. Looking into her eyes, he slowly curved his back and let his humid lips taste her hand with a kiss at a pace so slow it felt like falling asleep to the sound of rain.

She smiled showing no teeth, and her hazel eyes followed the trail his lips were leading her to.

As her slim fingers stood still accepting the collision, the golden band circuling her middle finger slipped and fell to the ground. "Oh,"

He immediately showed her his palm, impeding her from bending over, and touched his right knee at the polished floor to reach for the ring.

His eyes went from the ring to her exposed foot right next to it, being grasped by heels that were black like the night.

From her foot, he stood up slowly and analyzed her long leg, the one which was exposed by the slit in her silk black dress that seemed to play with the lights and shadows of the room, as the gown revealed different shades of darkness depending on even the slightest movement she made.

His gaze explored her waist, and then, as a gentleman would, ran across to her collarbone, though his imagination didn't take the shortcut.

He extended the ring to her as he arched his posture back into place.

"I insist, keep it as a token of appreciation for your well manners. I have seldom met men who have earned my respect."

He laughed, "I thank you for the gift, Miss. Bellamy. But if I may ask, what do you suppose a gentleman would do with such a gift?"

She faked foolishness, "I suppose gift your lady friend with it."

"I haven't one." He immediately replied, "What now?"

She shrugged to where her right shoulder tickled her cheek. "I presume the next solution would be to award a miss who catches your eye." Her smile seemed feline-like, "Or a mister, of course."

He agreed, and wanted to reply but was interrupted.

"Excuse me." Said a man with frosted hair. "I couldn't help but notice your entrance, madam..." He reached out his hand slightly.

Monday took it, "Bellamy. Miss Zen Bellamy."

The man nodded and then looked at Apollo, "My name's Malachi Shaw, lovely to meet you both,"

He and Apollo shook hands, "Johnny."

"Just Johnny?"

"Just Johnny." He smiled and dug his hands in his pockets.

The man laughed at the simple introduction and then turned back to Zen, "Pardon my crudeness, but may I ask if you came together?"

Apollo didn't allow her to answer, and sliding his hand to her waist, decided, "I'm afraid so."

Malachi raised both of his hands jokingly, "Very well," he laughed, "I wish you both a great evening."

A waitress reached Apollo and offered him a snack.