TWELVE - Tell Me To Stop...

When Monday pushed the boy playfully, his trained eyes could only understand that her hands, the delicate fingers that should have been claimed by the Louvre as their legal property years ago, touched another man, and the way that made him feel scared him.

-

Soundtrack for the chapter

Where You Belong by The Weeknd (Fifty Shades of Grey Soundtrack)

P.S.: I really recommend listening to this one while reading the end of this chapter...

-

Dear God,

Last night I laid in bed feeling a tight pain in my chest. It was as if my heart was trying to run away from inside of me, but was trapped inside my ribcages like a jail cell. It used to feel like a safe place, my heart, my ribcage. Now they strangle me in my sleep, yelling in my ear all night long. They think I'm keeping them hostage, and I think they are doing the same to me. How miserable I am.

God, I had a terrible, terrible nightmare last night. He and I were dancing in the kitchen counter. The music was playing loudly, and I hate loud music but this one I didn't. His company is bad for me. When I see him I think of grabbing my things and running away. How far could I go if I left today?

The only thing that terrorizes me more than the thought of him kissing me, is the thought that he won't.

Please help me.

Your Monday.

-

The hummingbirds sang the tunes of heaven, but the tunes didn't spell out the answers to her prayers, so she did not care for them at all.

She looked around the park, bathed in pastel tones and well-dressed people. The balloons decorated the space with lightness, indicating celebration.

Sawyer looked at Monday and opened a smile that felt kind of like how the word "lucky" feels when it leaves your lips.

He was wearing a blue suit, suited perfectly to him, and extended his arm to her, welcoming her by situating his palm on the small of her back, where it belonged.

Their smiles where a lie, but not as much as they should have been.

In the distance, Apollo walked up to them. Among the crowd, Monday saw him alone, and sighed at the sight. Last time she saw him was at the hospital.

She opened her eyes slowly, like a newborn resisting the light, and saw Apollo sitting on the chair, sleeping with a bent neck and crossed arms.

Monday sat on the hospital bed and poked him in the face, twice.

He woke up and she giggled.

Apollo stood up promptly and towered over her shrunk figure in the sterilized white-and-green-polka-dots gown.

"You didn't think it would be a good idea to tell me you were feeling sick, little girl?"

"First of all, I'm not a little girl. Second, is that really the first thing you want to say?"

He tilted his head and shoved his hands in his pockets, "You scared the shit out of me, Monday." He raised his eyebrows, "I think I get to say whatever I want."

She smiled, "I'm sorry. I'm fine. It was just a lot to take in. Everything is clearer now."

Suddenly, the crowd scattered into a thin layer, and Peaches Oberlin's figure arose beside him holding his hand.