SIXTEEN - The Devil Wrapped in Silk Is Still The Devil

In her car, Elliott had left her two M67 grenades, two Colt XSE pistols, one Heckler & Koch MP5 machine gun, two Beretta 92FS (which he knew were her favorite), and obviously one of the body armors from the bureau. Before entering their headquarters, though she did not have the time to carefully arrange a strategy, Monday drafted a plan within the next two hours and decided to go in through the roof entrance seeing as she had been observing that it was consistently overlooked by security in the past months while she worked at the flower shop.

As soon as she entered the building, she immediately came across two men holding semi-automatics. They didn't see her coming from behind so she easily hit them in the head with a pipe she found lying on the ground and moved on to the second floor.

From there, she could see everything that was happening on the floor below her, as if she were at the Fly Loft of a stage. Most of the men she recognized from Switzerland, but there were three more that she had never seen before. They all stood in a circle talking lightly, and she photographed them all and sent it to Elliot for analysis. Monday loaded her Koch MP5 and was about to go down the stairs when BASH! She hears a sound coming from down the hallway of the abandoned floor. She lowers her head so the men don't look up and see her when they follow the sound, and slowly, she switches her weapon of choice to the two pistols she softly paired with silencers.

With one foot in front of the other, her steps are almost ethereal as they leave no trace of sound or steps.

She sees a steel door bathed in rust and shoots the door-knob twice until it breaks open. Immediately, she sees two more men-- the first she shoots with one shot to the chest, and for the second she first drops down to the ground dodging his shot to then fire two shots onto his kidney, knocking him uncontious.

inside the mysterious room, she turns around and spots a huge cage-like box made of thick glass, with a girl inside. Her eyes were bloodshot and she banged her hands to the glass frantically, yelling things Monday couldn't understand; all she could see was the vapor steaming up box as the girl poured out her screams with her lips so closely to the glass.

Monday gestured the girl to stay quiet, but she was noticeably unconsolable. "It's okay, Liza. It's okay." She articulated widely for the girl to understand her whisper. Monday grabbed her badge from her pocket and knocked it on her end of the glass. "Look. FBI." She shook her head trying to assure her. "We're going to get you out of here." The girl seemed to realize what was happening when she covered her mouth with both hands and started to cry. Monday looked around her box for ways to get her out but with no luck.

She pressed her earpiece and inquired under her breath, "How can I break open this fucking cage?"

Elliot took a second to reply, "That isn't glass, I don't know what material it is." She cursed and rubbed her hands on her thighs. "The MP5 should be able to burn a hole through anything, though. 'Only problem is it won't whisper."

Suddenly, the girl started banging on the glass again and looked at Monday with eyes wide open and pale lips. She desperately pointed at her, but Monday still couldn't understand the muffled words she yelled out frantically. Finally, the girl fogged up the box and started writing "T...U..." Monday read the letters out loud, trying hard to make sense of it, "R...N..."

Instantly, Monday's heart skipped a beat and she turned around breathlessly. She turned so quickly that before even seeing the figure of the person who was standing behind her, she smashed her elbow to the person's face and grabbed the weapon on her waist while the person reacted.

The man growled, "I knew you'd be upset if I left the party without saying goodbye, but they didn't listen to me..."

Her response was delayed by the adrenaline pumping through her, but finally her face lit, "Sawyer!" She ran to him and his bloody nose and hugged him tight, which made him grunt in even more pain. "Oh, sorry."