EIGHT *special* - Don't You Ever Get Tired?

"Like the snow that was falling, they reached but never quite touched. They wanted, but refused to. They were brave, but cowardly rejected their appetites. Their passions were stimulated by opposite reasons: One had bitterness and hunger, the other, a craving rooted in longing."

Soundtrack for the chapter
Meet Me In The Hallway by Harry Styles
-

Monday hated many things, it was one of her simple joys in life: Hating things.

She hated group pictures, she hated being interrupted, she hated the color dark purple.

And somewhere on the top of that list, Monday hated being cold.

"Why are you making that face?"

She looked at him and smiled, the most horrifyingly ironic smile Apollo had ever seen. The four layers of clothing that she was wearing were reaching up to her cheeks; her shoulders were tense, her fingers were numb even though she had two pairs of gloves on. She didn't even bother responding to his question.

He smiled, amused as ever. Apollo was only wearing a single coat and felt fine. "You 'sure you 'okay there, Minnie?"

"Eat dirt and die."

"Alrigty, then." He turned to the desk attendant of the hotel, "Hello, we have a reservation under the name Atticus Calaway."

The woman with the small rectangular glasses typed with heavy hands, "Welcome, Mr. and Mrs. Calaway, to the hotel Des Alpes, and may I say, welcome to Switzerland." Apollo looked at Monday with a smirk, which she quickly replied to with an eye roll and a heavy sigh.

"Yeah, it was a long trip." Monday told the lady.

The attendant kept typing, and then finally announced, "It seems your room will be available to you in a couple of hours."

"Hours?" Monday jumped in. Apollo held her back and looked at the lady with a soft smile, ignoring Monday's sudden shout.

"That's alright, dear." He looked at Monday, "We'll just find something to do."

"May I suggest you enjoy one of our fantastic candle-lit dinners at our amazing restaurant while you wait, Mrs. Calaway?" The lady proposed.

Monday's face crunched up and her posture grew, ready to start a fight, "Did you just say candle-lit dinner?"

Once again, Apollo jumped in and held Monday by her shoulders, "Ha, ha!" He turned to the lady, "Pardon me, my wife is a little... grumpy."

Monday shook his hands off of her, "Yes... dear."

When Gideon told Apollo and Monday that GUST was having a special meeting in the Alps, Monday imagined luxury, wealth, and hot chocolate. She most certainly did NOT imagine having a candle-lit dinner with the last person she ever wanted to see and a violently running nose.

He looked at her, "Unless you prefer skiing to pass the time, darling."

She scoffed and looked at the attendant, "I will not be having dinner with my husband, tonight. Or any other night."

The lady didn't break her smile for a second, "Alright, ma'am, it was just a suggestion since our restaurant is one of our warmest facilities."

Monday's eyebrows lifted,

-

"A glass of your best red wine for me, please." She handed the waiter back the menu.

"I'll have the same." Apollo handed his.