Chapter XXIX

I fold Mathews favourite pair of Spider-Man pyjamas neatly and place them into his suit case along with an assortment of other clothing and toys. A whole week he'll be away, I've never been away from Mathew that long. But he'll enjoy himself I know he will, it's what he wanted.
Finlay's been gone for a couple months now, and I hate the fact I miss him so much. We text and call every chance we can but it's not the same, he's not here. I can't stare into his brown leather eyes that always promise me a new long lived story, a new reason to love him more. I can't see those deep dimples he gets when he smiles causing my stomach to knot with butterflies. I can't feel his warmth around me keeping me safe. I'm back to being lonely and I hate it.

I zip up Mathews bag seeing him sat on the couch already dressed with his coat and backpack on.
"You all ready to go bud?" I call walking down the hall. Mathew beams at me before jumping of the couch and running to the door, he swings it open and bolts down the corridor.
I quickly lock the door to the apartment and chase after him so he doesn't hurt himself. We both get in the car and Mathew squeals with excitement, I smile down at him before looking back at the road as I pull away. We make it to the airport within a couple hours, Mathew had fallen asleep about 30 minuets into our journey but I expected he would we both had to wake up at 5 in the morning to make sure we got here for 8.
I move Mathews shoulder waking him up,
"We're here!" He screams looking at me. I laugh as I scruff his hair, "Yeah bud we're here now we just need to find your friends and teachers" we both get out the car walking into the airport, I don't even need to look around to know the class are already here, I can hear the kids screaming in excitement.
Mathew and I walk up to the class and teachers where I hand Mathew his suitcase bending down to hug Mathew. I whisper in his ear "you have fun ok, and remember if you need anything or just want to come home you get one of the teachers to ring me and I'll come get you, I don't care if I have to drive a million miles, I'll always be there. I love you" Mathew hugged me tighter saying he loved me too. I let go seeing him join his other friends, I should probably go I don't want to be one of those 'clingy mom's'.  I turn around to be greeted by Jake Wallis, he gave me a tired smile before saying, "I'll look after Mathew you don't have to worry about a thing" I gave him a smile and thanked him.
I get back into my car and stare at the airport, I don't want to be alone right now. I'm 19 I don't want to work all the time and re-live the same boring day. I want to go out and have fun, I want to do something adventurous, I want to make some mistakes and not care about the consequences. I want to be free.
I pull out my phone calling in the diner, after the second ring someone picked up, immediately I knew it was my boss. I take in a deep breath trying to calm my nerves before saying, "hiya it's Sam, you know the vacation leave you said I have, well I'm using it now. I going out of town for a week and won't be able to work" I close my eyes waiting for his reply. It took a couple seconds before he cleared his throat before saying, "okay see you in a week" I snapped open my eyes in shock, he actually let me. "Thank you sir" I say before I hang up. Now all I have to do is call Louis.

                                        ~~~
It didn't take long to convince Louis to let me have to week off, he actually encouraged me to have longer but I refused. I'm currently back home packing, I know where I'm going and I know who I want to see. I put my toothbrush and toothpaste into my duffle bag and zip it up, I turn off all the lights and run back into my car with my heart beating through my chest. I drive through the country lanes so I wouldn't hit traffic, I see the trees besides me swirling into colours of vibrant greens and pinks from the flowers along the road, spring it the best time of the year. It's a time for new beginnings.
I drive till my eyes get tired and my arms are sore, I was just about to pull over when I saw a sign that read "Welcome to Salt Lake City!" I wicked smile painted over my face and I pressed harder on the gas pedal. It took about another half an hour to reach the Salt Lake City Stadium, I turned off my car listening to the low hum shortly cut off. I get out feeling the spring breeze brush gently over me swing shivers down my spine, I can feel my heart racing a million miles per hour.
I walk over to the entrance of the stadium with the help of a few street laps that lit my way, I left my apartment at around 10:30 and it's only just turned 8 o'clock so I've been sat in a car for almost 10 hours. My butt is killing me. As I walk over to the entrance I see two men standing dressed all in black, their faces are illuminated by poster that read "FINLAY EVERETT WORLD TOUR TONIGHT"  I walk a bit closer and the two men took a side step in blocking my path. "Sorry ma'am entry is no longer allowed, the website was clear on the timing" his voice has a cold and heartless tone. I give him a small smile and say, "I'm a friend of Finlay's if you let him know Samantha Kane is here I'm sure he'll let me in" they look at each other before erupting into laughter. "Listen kid you know who many people tell us that? I suggest you get back in your car and go away, maybe next time you'll pay for a ticket" what a prick. I scoffed folding my arms, I open my mouth to say something witty when a voice called out my name.
"Samantha?" Both the guards looked behind them seeing Kyle, Finlay's manager. "Hey Kyle" I say waving my hand sheepishly. "Boy am I glad to see you, Finlay will not stop complaining that he hasn't seen you" Kyle moves the guards away and pulls me into a hug, I kindly hug him back sending a glare at the guard that spoke to me. Kyle takes me inside the stadium and I take in the view, everyone is busy rushing around fixing costumes and putting make up on dancers. It's hectic but so cool. Kyle takes me to a lady dressed in a red silk blouse and a black denim skirt, her hair was a fiery ginger that was straighten into a bob cut.
"Samantha I would like you to meet Kylee, she's Finlay's stylist and before you say anything no we are not related." I laugh at Kyle before shaking kylee's hand. She gave me a bright smile before looking me up and down, suddenly I'm feeling very self conscious.
"Oh darling you look exhausted, I'll give you a make over before you go" Kylee spoke in a strong British accent. Kyle nodded in agreement, "let me know when you Finnish Kylee and I'll take you to see the end of Finlay's set" Kyle turned to me. I nodded my head trying to hide my excitement. "There is a lot of people here today so I'll sit you at the front vip section with me, Colin will be next to you the whole time" reassuring me that we will be okay. Kyle then walked away leaving me with Kylee who sat me down on a black leather chair, she starts to brush through my hair telling me she's going to give me beach waves and then a light coat of make up. This is the first time I've had someone do my hair and makeup and I really like it, the whole time Kylee and I had a conversation about our days and how she became Finlay's stylist. Kylee told me that one day a couple years ago when Finlay was on tour in England she walked into the backstage area and said that she wanted to work, at this time Finlay had just fired his last stylist so he took her on. He said he liked her enthusiasm, and now they are really good friends.
"Finlay talks about you a lot you know?" Kylee says and I feel my cheeks start to heat. I stay quiet seeing kylee's about to talk again. "You definitely live up to expectations from what he's told me, I hope he keeps you around" I look down in my lap "me too" I mumble so Kylee doesn't hear but I think she did.